Hey everyone,

My name is Richie Palys. I recently launched a Kickstarter for an NES cover in the style of synth infused jazz. Some of the best musicians in Chicago are on board for the project including the Grammy award winning mixing artist, James Auwarter! This album is going to sound amazing, but it needs help being made. Please pledge if you are interested, to make this project I've been pouring my life into come alive.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1985553496/nes

Also, here's a couple websites the album is featured on:

http://www.infendo.com/kickstarter-aler … hie-palys/

http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/richi … r-project/

My goal is to reach out to all the gamers, so please help by sharing the Kickstarter link on facebook and Twitter! smile

Michigan

I will be buying the CD so we can move on to SNES...yeah, I said it. tongue

TSSBAY01
richiepalys wrote:

Hey everyone,

My name is Richie Palys. I recently launched a Kickstarter for an NES cover in the style of synth infused jazz. Some of the best musicians in Chicago are on board for the project including the Grammy award winning mixing artist, James Auwarter! This album is going to sound amazing, but it needs help being made. Please pledge if you are interested, to make this project I've been pouring my life into come alive.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1985553496/nes

Also, here's a couple websites the album is featured on:

http://www.infendo.com/kickstarter-aler … hie-palys/

http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/richi … r-project/

My goal is to reach out to all the gamers, so please help by sharing the Kickstarter link on facebook and Twitter! smile

your goal is to get ten grand for your project for it to be fully crowd funded and use a genre where others work harder than most to make a name for themselves to your gross advantage instead of working on it and putting your own money, effort, and time and essence into it. you expect to be completely compensated on the backend before taking any of the steps to ensure that it'll happen regardless of whether or not a kickstarter is fulfilled. lets be honest, if you really wanted to do this, you would be able to do it without any funding. $10k is too much and your song choices are far beyond over-remixed. the world needs no more remixes of these songs and probably didnt 10 years ago. so many bands and projects come about with this same tired typical tracklisting that its turned video game music remixing into a completel joke.

as you clearly came here specifically to plug your kickstarter, made no welcome post prior to that, and i dont recognize your name from anywhere, i feel im within the realm of good taste to tell you that we're probably not interested in supporting your kickstarter. and before you or anybody dismisses me as a hater, i've recorded and released 13 video game remix cd's over 10+ years with no distribution or help or assistance and i am a complete fuckup in every way, shape, and form. if i can figure out a way to do this and 'reach out to the gamers' on my own time, on my own dime, and without resorting to kickstarter, then so can you.

.FILTHadelphia
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

lets be honest, if you really wanted to do this, you would be able to do it without any funding. $10k is too much and your song choices are far beyond over-remixed. the world needs no more remixes of these songs and probably didnt 10 years ago. so many bands and projects come about with this same tired typical tracklisting that its turned video game music remixing into a completel joke.

I looked over the Kickstarter this morning and thought the same thing. I'm glad someone said it better than I all I was going to type was "Finally! Another generic video game cover album."

I'd be more interested in this Kickstarter if it were a chip jazz project but even that's been done with Kind of Bloop and they only asked for $2000 to cover royalties, pay the artists and print it.

TSSBAY01

kind of bloop got all screwy in the end, but enough about that, this right here isnt even really chip related anyway. its jazz and vgm related. it really is seriously beyond generic too, dude couldnt come up with a better name than 'nes'?

bigger question is how did this guy even find cm.o? whoever his friend is who told him to come on here and post this should be banned. this must be some next-level illuminati trolling thats happening quite literally and if i dont see this topic locked and moved to the graveyard soon, im going to have more words.

Dallas, Texas

This is sounding very ambitious. Maybe too ambitious if you ask me. Expecting a crowd funded album at 10k when no one has ever hear of you or even heard you play is a gigantic ask. Planning to do this three times in a row is even more of a stretch. Just go to OCRemix and lookup the songs you are about to cover and honestly tell us that you can deliver material worth 10 grand. Compared to whats already been done before, I don't see the difference honestly.

TSSBAY01

its clearly outlined in the presentation (between the lines) that there is no possible way that this guy is going to be able to do it. the words say a lot there and i would think anybody with a brain in their head would know better than to support such a thing and if they felt strongly enough about it, would go and do it on their own, for themselves, without any desire of making it a commercial venture. i dont understand why people try and even do this kind of thing anymore and dont just do it for the love of what it is that they choose to represent. you cant have it both ways and say that you're doing it for the fans or some crap and then expect or assume or even hope for as large of a number as ten thousand dollars. i have certainly put ten thousand of my own dollars into making video game music in the past ten years and i damn sure have not gotten that out of it, so to see this kind of fast tracking bullshit is quite pitiful.

do they do it because they think they are doing something new that hasnt been done before, or because they want to be successful and/or use it as a springboard to do bigger things? its hard to find any evidence that 'having a successful kickstarter under your belt' isnt another one of those key phrases that lures aloof people into supporting something that isnt conveyed in a way thats worth its weight in text, much less money. just the same as that 'you'll never believe what happens next!' crap you read on webpages sucks dumb people into clicking on an article. this kickstarter model of 'well, its good enough on paper, so lets throw some money at it and see how many nickels and dimes stick' has seriously ruined the potential of much better ideas both on paper and in reality. all it would take is kotaku or destructoid running a stupid article about this crappy kickstarter for it to go lolzomg fully funded and then we've got one more pile of fully overdone video game covers in a lukewarm pastiche that serves no purpose other than to act as something on someone's resume.

make music because you feel the music. if you need ten thousand dollars which if i had, i would become bigger than the beatles and van halen combined, then you dont need to bother writing out the sheetmusic or order catering for your session musicians or pay for 'ambassadeurs' to throw their name on your bastardized concoction of art. just pretend that you never played a video game before in your life, and assume that the fandom is going to inherently hate you for being so presumptuous that you felt a need to burden others financially before you have even a lick of anything to show for your effort. im done, with everything.

Geneva, NY

@tempsoundsolutions: I share the same sentiments as you on this one for sure. Not sure if this thread should be locked, though... even if it's to continue this discussion that jazz versions of video game songs really have little to do with chipmusic.

Los Angeles, CA

Here I was, excited that someone was making a jazzy NES album sad

NC in the US of America
Mrwimmer wrote:

Here I was, excited that someone was making a jazzy NES album sad

TSSBAY01
BLEO wrote:

@tempsoundsolutions: I share the same sentiments as you on this one for sure. Not sure if this thread should be locked, though... even if it's to continue this discussion that jazz versions of video game songs really have little to do with chipmusic.

its in the releases subforum, and theres no actual release, i think thats enough reason to lock it. like 'hey im gonna make this album...if i get ten grand out of this rock i squeezed'. and if you want to hear jazz renditions of vgm, check out shnabubulas stuff. he does a great job with it and has done a ton.