I was working on adding a backlight to a DMG but after pulling the polarizing/reflective sticker off the back of the screen there is gunk left all over the glass. Usually there is only a little and you just rub it off with your finger,   But this is covering 95% of the screen.  It would look terrible with the backlight.

I tried rubbing it off with my fingers,  I tried using Q-tips with rubbing alcohol and then Goo-Gone too,  but nothing is working to get this stuff off of the glass! 

I think I'm going to have to toss it unless anyone here knows of any way to get that stuff off?

:(

Did you take out the smaller screws that hold in the screen ribbon tightly? If you do you might find it easier to get into the area and clean. I have messed up removing the sticker before and had residue and even shreds of the sticker stuck all over the screen but with alcohol and a piece of paper towel I was able to clean it off. You can be pretty assertive and still not damage anything.

Thanks,  Adil... You gave me hope when all was lost smile

I had taken the screws out but I think the q-tip was not letting me get aggressive enough... I went to the store and got some heavy duty paper towels.  After rubbing the screen with the paper towel and alcohol,  the glue has softened enough for me to start removing it with my fingers.  It's slow going,  but it's working!  Thanks again.