Hello!
Im new here as i am new and in chiptune world. So im trying to create my first track using milky tracker but when i m going to load an instrument (.wav file) im getting this error :

"Error while loading/unknown formar"

I searched in the internet to find a way to solve this problem but without any luck..

Does anyone knows how can i load instruments and samples ? I read that .wav file must be acceptable.

Thank you.

Last edited by netpumber (Mar 30, 2014 7:47 pm)

California, United States

Are you trying to load them into the Instruments column? You must load .wav files in the samples column, instruments are .XI and such formats.

Joliette, QC, Canada

What Doxic said...if it's still doesn't work check your samples !

Yes im trying to load it in instruments column.. You are right it works with samples column but how can i create an instrument ? Where can i find .xi files ?

When you load a wav in the sample column you automatically create an instrument! : D You can save these at any time. As for finding .xi's? I dunno of any huge repository of them but I can send you a link to my personal collection. You can use them for whatever you need, I don't care : P

Ok if you want PM me the link. Thanks a lot smile

Joliette, QC, Canada

I will try to find the pack of .xi I got some time ago...I think it was from a torrent or something !
To make an instrument load a sample, make a loop if you want/need to. after this click the instrument button on the menu at the top of the screen the instrument editor will appear in which you can set different samples for each keys, set volume and panning envellope, set vibrato etc... !!!
You can get a lot of fun with it and it's not hard when you get used to it !!! wink

Already sent netpumber! big_smile Enjoy it