Hastings, UK

Things like harsh noise, Breakcore, Dark Ambient? Hell, even Vaporwave.
Just thought it'd be cool to see what you guys listen too.

detroit

noise is best. breakcore is tight. all ambient is groovy. vaporwave is lazy but fun. also, drone is therapeutic.

Hastings, UK

I've been listening to clipping alot recently, I recommend them.

Finland

I dig me some noise.
Ambient is one of the best things I know and one of the genres I keep coming back to time and time again no matter what.
smile

.FILTHadelphia

I wish more people made chip drone. I've done some.

Madriz, Supain
jjpilgrim wrote:

Things like harsh noise, Breakcore, Dark Ambient? Hell, even Vaporwave.
Just thought it'd be cool to see what you guys listen too.

I wouldnt call any of the genres I know from that list "experimental". But yes, I like them. The ones I know, of course.

I'm a huge dronehead. I'm still sittin' on a drone album I wrote back in November. I need to get on releasing that...

Anyways, drone! I would suggest Tim Hecker, Belong, Aloof Proof, Gregg Kowalsky, and Mirroring. For drone-metal (probably not your thing, but it's harsh nonetheless!) nothing beats Boris, Earth, and Blackboned Angel.

COMPUTER JESUS REFRIGERATOR is worth checking out if you're into glitch music. Kinda like harsh noise with... random structure I guess? It's cool though.

TSSBAY01

nobody's opinion matters

Gosford, Australia

yeah if that's what you want to make just make it

San Francisco

It's been done. It happened. Just do what you want to do. No opinions needed. Why are you asking?

BK
defiantsystems wrote:

I wish more people made chip drone. I've done some.

Does this count?

California, United States

that is all I write anymore to be honest

Sweden

If it easily fits the description of a pretty well defined and narrow contemporary genre I don't know if I would call it experimental, but yeah I like some experimental music.

Arizona

I enjoy harsh noise on occasion. Every now and then I'll plug a mic into a chain of pedals and see what happens. It's nothing I take seriously, I rarely ever record any of it.

IL, US

yeah, i like that sort of stuff and sometimes make it

UK, Leicester

as long as experimental isnt just another word for lazy or bad, then yeah