CA

Budusy12,

I took this sound to lights pcb, removed the microphone and soldered left channel output to it. Thus it responds on the sound of the gameboy instead of the microphone. I also had to modify it a little bit to fit in the battery compartment. But I doubt I'm gonna this one again, I'd rather make smaller one myself.

friendofmegaman wrote:

That bottom switch looks like the kind I use.  I love them cause they're so tiny and out of the way.  I got a bag of 100 on ebay for less than $10 like a year ago.  China FTW!

CA
onapokoya wrote:

That bottom switch looks like the kind I use.  I love them cause they're so tiny and out of the way.  I got a bag of 100 on ebay for less than $10 like a year ago.  China FTW!

Yah they can be fitted anywhere, but on the other hand if you drop the boy this tiny piece might be the first to go. I'm looking for something bigger and stronger but not too big. No luck so far.

hiding under your bed

Finally got around to finishing up the Kirby and Link DMGs.
-3.5mm 1/8" prosound
-4LED backlight
-New screen covers, battery contacts, buttons, and cartridge shield.

More pictures here.
Currently for sale. $95 each shipped.
Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Apr 6, 2014 10:59 pm)

Bristol, UK

Just wanna say that the inverted yellow backlights that are in the kitsch-bent store at the moment look awesome, kinda lime green almost.

Tried out the printable screencovers too. The pre-cut sheet got eaten by the printer so had to use plain paper but pretty happy with the result even though the printer I used wasn't that good quality.

ohgodno, Indiana

really dig that man, nice work

Tommy Creep once again nailed it.
Green Buttons are still untouched combined with a transculent DMG.

Bristol, UK

Thanks guys, loving the silicone buttons

Soon...

Kansas

I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but did those buttons come from kitsch-bent? I can't seem to find neon-green in silicone. Are they just sold out?

matt's mind

they are just sold out atm, yes they did

Kansas

Awesome, thank you.

Spain

What paint do you guys use? There's a new water-based can from Montana Colors which they say is odorless and comes in a variety of colours, including translucent black and translucent white. The bad thing is that it's only 300ml and costs 6€.

Finished this one today, its sprayed form the inside with a UV neon green paint. Will upload a picture showing its glow when I get my hands on a UV light!

thedimitry wrote:

What paint do you guys use? There's a new water-based can from Montana Colors which they say is odorless and comes in a variety of colours, including translucent black and translucent white. The bad thing is that it's only 300ml and costs 6€.

http://www.montanacolors.com/webapp/spray?id=58
I usually use MTN94 of Montana. Smells like vanilla wink

The colours are bright, and the paint sticks to everything.
Since I usually spray insides, I can't use any primer, so that's a plus. And they are low pressure, which makes it easier to make smooth fades.

Comes in some neon colours as well.

Bad thing is, my local shop stopped carrying those. So I have to find a new source.

hiding under your bed

It's pretty hard to fine Montana in-store anywhere around here. I either have to pay more than I should to order it online, or I go with something from Krylon's colormaster line. Nothing from their paint made specifically for plastic, though. For some reason every time I tried to use that stuff it came out looking really blotchy.
As for a clearcoat at the end, I use Rustoleum lacquer. Makes everything look real nice.