hey everybody

i have finally managed to get myself 2 carts and gameboys running lsdj (having alot of fun)

ive just saved up and bought an mpc 500

any suggestions on how to midi sync the 3 please?

Alabama

Rather than MIDI sync I'd recommend you sync the APC 500 by ear, or nab yourself an Arduinoboy with multiple ins and outs.

Bristol

Your best bet is probably using the MPC500s clock as that is pretty tight and sending that out to an Ardunio-Boy or similar. I'm pretty sure there is a mod that will add an extra GB cable to the AB schematic.. Otherwise you may need two Ardunioboys! If thats the case you can use the MIDI Thru port to chain things together, or use a MIDI Hub if you intend on expanding other synths and devices

hey max, i was under the impression the gameboys tempo being run on ticks would not fully marry-up with the mpcs bpm and that the gameboys bpm sometimes swayed of its own clock time?

Sydney, AU

You can parallel up multiple gameboys on the one arduinoboy. I've got a kaosspad which sends a bpm to 3xLSDJ. Works pretty well for me. Heres a link:

http://dotmicromusic.blogspot.com.au/20 … y-and.html

Bristol

^^ nice.

And personally while sometimes it works perfectly (Korg DS10 and my Boss delay pedal are in perfect union), mixing devices without clock sync is a headache in itself and can get messy quickly.