Portland, OR

Hey guys,
I have been looking for one of the pink Tamagotchi game carts for a while and haven't had any luck; I have found a few bundled with the gameboys they come with but I really am not looking to pay that much for the cart I want and a DMG I don't.

If anyone has one they would be willing to sell I would be happy to pay a reasonable price, considering they are fairly rare. Condition is important to me here as well, I would like one that isn't badly damaged or scratched and that isn't stained or discolored in anyway that couldn't be cleaned.

Thanks guys.

hiding under your bed

I suggest getting in touch with DaRkO.
IIRC he has connections with someone who owns a gamestore in Japan and he got a ton of various tamagotchi carts for cheap a while back.

Oh yeah, i was supposed to look for those.. Completely forgot big_smile

Boston

I have a pink cart but its not Tamagotchi its a homemade job.

Outer Space
Chronoseptor wrote:

I have a pink cart but its not Tamagotchi its a homemade job.

How did you go about doing that?

Boston
OmO wrote:

How did you go about doing that?

I made a mold out of the two halves of an original cart with then cast it in resin.I haven't mastered the process yet so theres some bubbles in these.

Portland, OR

PianoGB,
Thanks for the heads up, I sent them a PM.

Timbob,
No worries, I assumed you just didn't find anything =P

Chronosepter,
Those look pretty rad, not quite what I'm shooting for but it's cool that you can make custom carts, did you make a resin mold or something for those?

Appreciate the responses guys.

Alive and well in fucksville

I want a metallic purple cart shell when your mold is perfected. I am churning an idea inside my head since frosting donuts at work... make molds out of plaster and drizzle them with molten silver let cool and fill the rest of the way with plastic... could be cool if i get the setup hot enough.
you said cast in resin? is that what you made molds from, Chronoseptor?

Last edited by bitjacker (Apr 23, 2014 5:08 pm)

Portland, OR
bitjacker wrote:

I want a metallic purple cart shell when your mold is perfected. I am churning an idea inside my head since frosting donuts at work... make molds out of plaster and drizzle them with molten silver let cool and fill the rest of the way with plastic... could be cool if i get the setup hot enough.
you said cast in resin? is that what you made molds from, Chronoseptor?

I'm not a huge fan or plaster casting personally; it's messy and I don't like the way it smells, I like using Room-temp vulcanizing silicone for the mold, it's easy to cut, seals together well and is flexible so getting your cast out is a lot easier. I find it has a longer shelf life than a plaster mold as well and can stand up to more abuse. I don't, however, know how it will hold up to the extreme temps needed to liquify silver (I thnk in the 1700 degres F) and I don't know off the top of my head what the heat resistance of silicone is...

Boston

Dead Pixel and Bitjacker its a silicone rubber mold "Mold Star 30" made by Smooth On.

Alive and well in fucksville

maybe its a weird idea, but have you tried spraying the cart shell with pam before applying the mold star 30? what about the shape of the inside of the shell, then?

Boston

i use mold release spray, the shape is just like an original but I made some little channels for excess material to flow. i think i just need to widen them up a tiny bit so the bubbles can escape easier.

Outer Space
Chronoseptor wrote:

i use mold release spray, the shape is just like an original but I made some little channels for excess material to flow. i think i just need to widen them up a tiny bit so the bubbles can escape easier.

If you get this sorted you should for sure sell some. wink

Portland, OR

I do a lot of lost wax casting with silicone molds and have been toying with the idea of making a silicone cart mold and making myself a sterling silver cart. I think that would look absolutely slick. I'm glad to see someone else has had success with the mold making using silicone.