There are 3 rows of dead pixels on my screen and they will not go away when i reheat the ribbon cable. I think it is something to do with the ribbon cable connecting the 2 boards together as i had to fix that cable as it was broke when i bought it.

hiding under your bed

How was it broken in the first place and what did you do to fix it?

CA
Gamer_freak8520 wrote:

There are 3 rows of dead pixels on my screen and they will not go away when i reheat the ribbon cable. I think it is something to do with the ribbon cable connecting the 2 boards together as i had to fix that cable as it was broke when i bought it.

The subject says columns, you say rows. What is it you can not fix - rows or columns? Columns are fixed by heating ribbon cable below the LCD. I'm not sure rows can be fixed that way since the vertical ribbon cable responsible for horizontal pixels is tricky to get to and a big risk to burn the thing.

The image on the screen is built pixel by pixel by the LCD. So if the problem was connection between the pcb boards you'd likely to see some random dots or nothing at all.

columns i mean not rows sorry.

PianoGameboy wrote:

the ribbon cable was snapped so i stripped it and it works but there are the columns.

Michigan
Gamer_freak8520 wrote:
PianoGameboy wrote:

the ribbon cable was snapped so i stripped it and it works but there are the columns.

You mean the white ribbon cable that connects the front PCB to the back PCB? That would not cause stripes if it was busted, but entire outages.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
Gamer_freak8520 wrote:

You mean the white ribbon cable that connects the front PCB to the back PCB? That would not cause stripes if it was busted, but entire outages.

Yes but the cable was snapped so there was no display but it is working now but there is the columns on the screen

Last edited by Gamer_freak8520 (May 1, 2014 2:48 pm)