South Korea

Okay, maybe I am    r e a l l y    s l o w   , but what exactly can I do with this programmer + nanoloop one (the flat blueish cart)? Can I only load small programs into the A + B banks? Or can I, for example, overwrite the main rom and replace it with LSDJ?

Sweeeeeeden

Yes, you can load programs into the A+B banks, or even replace Nanoloop. However, these can only be 32 kiB ROMs, (except for Nanoloop which is 64 kiB) since the cartridge uses a non-standard mapper which games/programs bigger than 32 kiB can't use.

NYC

About the EMS 64M carts... isn't there some kind of way to switch pages by quick power cycling, like can be done on the Gameboy???  Maybe it's determined by some capacitor on the board, or is it some kind of proprietary code thing that can't be figured out???  Since it can be done right on the Gameboy, there must be some kind of way to brute force it to switch pages with its own built-in components, even if done in an ugly way.

Austin, TX

Since this should work with a wide variety of carts , could this be used to backup / reflash an old USB bleep bloop cart which isn't able to be be backed up via USB (for whatever reason) but otherwise works fine ? If so, i seriously cannot wait to buy this.

Sweeeeeeden
Princess wrote:

Since this should work with a wide variety of carts , could this be used to backup / reflash an old USB bleep bloop cart which isn't able to be be backed up via USB (for whatever reason) but otherwise works fine ? If so, i seriously cannot wait to buy this.

In theory, yes. A USB bleepbloop is no different from a non-USB bleepbloop, looking form the cartridge side. However, that of course assumes that the cart isn't otherwise broken, which might prevent the cart from being flashed.

Cleveland, OH
nitro2k01 wrote:
Princess wrote:

In theory, yes. A USB bleepbloop is no different from a non-USB bleepbloop, looking form the cartridge side. However, that of course assumes that the cart isn't otherwise broken, which might prevent the cart from being flashed.

lol

sweden

Any info about nanoloop 1.3 carts?

Any estimate on when this will be released?

Boston, MA

Altane pre-orders are now open at www.asmretro.com smile Toxic green case exclusive to pre-orders!!

Abandoned on Fire

/snagged

Melbourne, Australia

The green looks sick.
I had a question about the software though, how much work is involved in setting it all up?
Is it as simple as downloading a .exe and plugging the cart in?
Or are there drivers / firmware that needs to be set up, etc. If so, as long as it's much better then EMS's shite, i'm interested.
Basically I already have a fully functioning backup system, but to save myself from future headaches, i'm willing to jump ship to this if things are fairly straight forward.
Either way, well done on this man! You're a champion.

CA

Fantastic! Just pre-ordered one smile

Abandoned on Fire

I just re-read through this whole thread and didn't find an answer to this:  So what's up with the name "ALTANE" anyway?

SLC, UT

I don't know but it could be (from Wiki):

An upper room or Altan (less often: the balconies ) is an open, resting on columns or walls platform of the upper floor of a building. Probably the same word origin is the common in some southwest German towns name Aldene for often used for drying the laundry roof terrace of older buildings.

France

This is excellent, I pre-ordered mine! Also nordloef and e.s.c stay pretty calm while we don't have answers about nanoloop 1.3 support, but I can't... If ALTANE will support all nanoloop cartridges (there is also 1.5), it will totally save all nl users from insanity and depression! <troll>Lucky LSDJ bastards</troll> can't understand the pain we have to erase an old song for creating a new one or when you freak out because you accidently put your cart in a microwave and loose all your songs.

Thanks a lot for your efforts nitro2k01.

A backup for 1.3 is expected from all nanoloopers.

If you need anything, any help, a 1.3 cartridge, money, let me know.

Jules