Long Beach, CA

I don't get them anymore (mostly when I first got it a year ago), but have any of you played a song in LSDJ only to have almost every single note/sound play completely wrong or scrambled? The first couple of times scared the hell out of me...then I just found it hilarious.

I had a song once that decided to shift each note a few tones... it was weird.

the end.

Chicago IL

i used to, but then i made a point to never let the batteries run out. also not letting the gameboy fall of a table has helped.

Sweeeeeeden

Terbografx: Did this happened when you loaded the songs, or could it happen anytime?

Timbob: Sounds like something the value for global transpose or some instrument transpose. Either you did it accidentally, or there was a glitch. (Those happen...)

Long Beach, CA
nitro2k01 wrote:

Terbografx: Did this happened when you loaded the songs, or could it happen anytime?

Timbob: Sounds like something the value for global transpose or some instrument transpose. Either you did it accidentally, or there was a glitch. (Those happen...)

It happened randomly on a couple boots. Rebooting always fixed it.

Sydney, NSW

I used to get that back when I used LSDJ 3.4.x

Every second value would be changed to 3A, every other value to 00, and every table command to ?

Saskrotch wrote:

also not letting the gameboy fall of a table has helped.

This too.

England
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

also not letting the gameboy fall of a table has helped.

This too.

Eh? I thought the two-foot-drop technique was the orthodox way to turn on LSDJ's randomize mode.

I found when I use the cart with different systems like going from a Original Gameboy to a Gamrboy pocket then to a gameboy advanced seems to make the start to glitch out. Then I usually just extract the sav file format the cart and i am good to go. Now I only use my original gameboy.

Baton Rouge, LA

this problem just happened to me! i was showing someone some stuff i'd been working on and i bumped the power supply cord while loading a song and it shut off. when i turn it on now one song is super scrambled, tables are off, instruments out of place, tempo is super slow. is there a known fix. i haven't backed up this one yet!

Sweeeeeeden

If you are able to get sav file off the cartridge and send it to me, I may be able to recover it. nitro2k01 att gmail dott com.

Baton Rouge, LA

awesome. you just need the sav and not the whole rom?

Sweeeeeeden

Just the sav.

Baton Rouge, LA

ok file sent

Baton Rouge, LA

nitro totally fixed my scrambled file y'all! major props to this guy!

Boston, MA

happy endings are the best

Baton Rouge, LA

indeed they are. now other than constant backups (i've learned the hard way) is there a mod out there to  reinforce the power supply jack? it's so delicate. i burn through batteries too often and would like to use the power supply more but this is a constant problem for me. it's not just on this one gameboy either. i have 5 and they are all like this.