Memphis, TN

So I have been having trouble finding a forum/community similar to cm.o but that is more electronic based. A lot of the music I make I feel doesn't belong here, because it really doesn't. It is pretty much only electronic (only really influenced by chip, as opposed to actually being chipish).

So yeah, does anyone know a forum similar to the community feel of cm.o but that is more broad in its musical scope. Not to say that I don't love the stuff here, I just feel like I would be wasting mine and your time by posting tracks and W.I.Ps, that don't really belong here.

Edit: Spelling and Grammar.

Last edited by Ateno (May 2, 2014 11:25 pm)

I was just thinking of the same thing! big_smile
If you can't find one I could make one (if I get the time)

Boise, ID

Hey you're good man, a lot of people here aren't strictly chip.

but there ain't no forum like the CM.O

Finland
ShintarouMusic wrote:

CUZ THERE AINT NO PARTY LIKE A CM.O PARTY CUZ A CM.O PARTY DONT STOP!

But seriously tho... It could be cool with a community like that.

Memphis, TN
ShintarouMusic wrote:

Hey you're good man, a lot of people here aren't strictly chip.

True, on both accounts. Which makes me think that something like this VVV could be possible.

Dadibom wrote:

I was just thinking of the same thing! big_smile
If you can't find one I could make one (if I get the time)

You know it would be pretty cool if there could be like a sister site y'know? Almost identical to CM.O except instead of chip music, electronic music, encompassing you know, EDM,  Ambient; all that fun stuff! It would have most of the same sub-forums, for a sense of familiarity, and a seperate set of moderators, that kind of a thing.

You know the communities would be tight y'know, so as to transmit the feel CM.O already has to the new Forum.

I don't know, maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Gosford, Australia

sectionz records are re-re-releasing the community forum type website soon (http://www.sectionz.com/), hopefully it'll look a bit prettier when it's out of closed beta but you get the idea smile

maybe some dudes here remember it, but sectionz was the shit back in like 2002-2006. imagine a forum like this with an actual "review economy" (everything revolved around giving reviews) and about 3000 active members. it was kinda great!

Memphis, TN

Holy crap that sounds amazing. I have been looking at it, and it looks amazing. I love the idea of giving a review being "incentivized", so you don't just get looked over. Definitely going to sign up and see how it all works.

NC in the US of America

I remember finding section z back in the day and being confused and annoyed that it wasn't devoted to maze/scrolling shooter crossover games. :\

Sweden

http://www.em411.com/