Baltimore

I've been searching around the forum, and google, and i can't find a simple FAQ, or basic info guide on an Arduinoboy.

So, I just wanted to ask, what exactly does an Arduinoboy do, and what can i do with it? Is it just used for midi sync and controlling with midi controllers? I don't have any midi items besides an 80's Casio laying around, but it seems pretty wild to play with. I'm just trying to figure out if its something worth building for myself.

Sorry i know this is a stupid question, and I'm fairly sure its just a midi sync, but I'm really curious.

Thanks.

Dallas, Texas

Not a dumb question. I was in the same boat as you when I first heard about, and tried to research what it was. Arduinoboy is a device that will convert normal midi messages into a signal the gameboy can understand. LSDj has a midi sync option that can be used with arduinoboy, and it also has a 'keyboard' mode that I've heard can be used (provided that the arduino boy is set in 'keyboard mode'. Witch is another thing to note. Arduino boy has lots of different modes it can be set in that allow it to talk to different peoples gameboy softwares. Like mGB is a software much like midines that waits for note values and note on/off messages coming from a midi device via the arduinoboy. no sequencer but very fun to sequence in a modern daw whilst still playing with the real GB hardware. So it is more than a midi syncing device, cause it can convert actual note falues and I believe some CC (I'm unsure on the CC bit)

Baltimore

Very cool, thanks for the additional info. Helps a lot.