CA
Dadibom wrote:
friendofmegaman wrote:

Have you seen ThursdayCustom's post above?

Yeah but it's just a button pcb so I see no reason why it wouldn't work with any pcb? yikes

Well, even if it can be done, I frankly don't want to spend $11 for each mod of this kind, so I'd go with some cheaper option. One option would be cutting the piece of plastic to fit the button area of DMG and put tactile switches and wire them directly to GBC buttons... it's just a rough estimate I need to check with GBC schematic...

Melbourne, Australia

Would help if someone explained why instead of just "Nope, sorry".

Take a look in the lower-left corner of the DMG schematic and you will see that the buttons use a matrix of diode arrays (4 arrays of 2 diodes each) and that the buttons don't all share a common signal the way that the common-ground PCB kitsch is selling does:

I can't for the life of me find a schematic for the Pocket, but looking at the board itself it looks like it uses two diode arrays instead (2 arrays of 4 diodes each?):

The common-ground PCB would work with a GameBoy Color though! Here's the button portion of the Color's schematic (from http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48266995/CGB-Service-Manual):

CA

In other words for GBC we need to 'hijack' the grounded part of button switch. So we solder one wire one leg of a tactile switch to the non-grounded half and another to ground?

Dadibom wrote:

Why would you do that? It's the same console

I dont like the sizing of the MGB i like the DMG more as it is bigger and i could fit a lot more mods inside of it it also my LCD PCB of my DMG has broke by the ribbon cable linking the 2 PCBs together (i have asked kitsch if you could fix it, said no).

so, could there be away that i can put my MGB in my DMG case?

Taichung, Taiwan

Just wire up the MGB LCD onto the front board of a DMG.

CA
Gamer_freak8520 wrote:

so, could there be away that i can put my MGB in my DMG case?

Dude people made far more complicated mods than this so of course there is a way you can put your MGB in your DMG case, absolutely. You can totally do that. The problem is that it appears nobody has done this particular mod before so you are the first one to try. Do it and share with us and your name will be forever remembered for this mod. If you expect people will give you step-by-step tutorial - scarce the chance it will happen.

Let me sum up for you the contents of this thread:
1. Kitsch's breakout for DMG won't work. See uXe post about buttons. You might need to experiment with it there's nothing wrong in that. After all there's no easy way.
2. LSDJ often crashes on pocket so you could try plugging a LiPo cell instead of 2AAAs - DMG's battery compartment allows you to do that. Make the best out of it - find a cell with as much capacity as possible and don't forget protective circuit.
3. DO NOT use 9V battery. You'll burn the thing.

Aside from that:
- Link port, headphone jack, DC outlet and volume pot are different in DMG and MGB. So you might want to rewire  these parts from DMG to your MGB
- In fact you can't afford battery contacts on MGB PCB (it won't fit DMG shell) so your only option is some rechargeable solution
- I'm not sure MGB PCB is a good fit into the DMG shell, so you might need to trim out part of the battery compartment

EDIT
And don't forget about the cartridge slot! It's better to use DMG slot since it can be screwed to the shell. Thus you need to re-wire it as well.

Last edited by friendofmegaman (May 11, 2014 11:43 pm)

CA
katsumbhong wrote:

I think he explained that he wants more space for mods didn't he?

If it wasn't for the space then I'd totally agree. IMO wiring LCD is easier than the cartridge slot.

Last edited by friendofmegaman (May 11, 2014 11:46 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
friendofmegaman wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

I think he explained that he wants more space for mods didn't he?

If it wasn't for the space then I'd totally agree. IMO wiring LCD is easier than the cartridge slot.

With a DMG case, you can still cram a ton of mods into it with the DMG PCBs and a Pocket LCD Screen.

Is he trying to stuff an iPad inside of it?

/me grabs a hammer

I'm getting the mods as soon as the shop is back up and ill let you know the results smile thanks.