the heart of a mountain

'scuse the bump...

I've just uploaded my the first tune I've completed in Sunvox on a massively old pda...(jornada 720..206mhz..works great) . If anybody is interested in my tune its here

Milton Keynes, England

Wow. I downloaded the iPhone version a couple hours ago... It's a pretty damn amazing piece of software.

Necrobumping this thread because 1.6 IS FINALLY OUT!

Spokompton

It would be nice to see an Android port. Not that there's ever going to be any decent audio software for Android.

Psydney, Australia

Thanks for the heads-up! Will grab the latest.

Turku, FIN

I downloaded this to my n900 and it feels really nice!

i got this for iphone

have to say, it is one of the most difficult things to use...

but seems powerful...

UI is always the last thing on a developers mind it seems.

Creep dem featurez!

Minneapolis

Man, I love the UI in this thing... fun fun fun.

mk wrote:

i got this for iphone

but seems powerful...

Creep dem featurez!

It's so nice to use on a PC, although sometimes I wish I could choose to tab between the windows instead of resizing them.

Also, as for feature creep, this was also a pretty monumental bugfix release, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

edit: It's especially noteworthy to point out that now if you're using this program in Linux, other programs can use audio too!

Last edited by PlainFlavored (Dec 11, 2010 9:19 pm)

Psydney, Australia
mk wrote:

i got this for iphone

but seems powerful...

Creep dem featurez!

Now this was a hasty 'observation'.

Have you ever considered what would be the ideal tracker interface for the likes of iPhone? I presume not.
Truth is, trackers on a keyboardless device can never be remotely as comfortable as the keyboard ones.
SunVox actually has some very nice idea in there, but despite that, it's still a bit awkward.

If anyone has any ideas of what a good tracker interface for touchscreen would be like, I'm all ears!

Selecting blocks to cut n paste, ins del lines is very tricky and to me should be always accessible while composing... Also, is there a way to change edit lines? I want to be able to change the note on a line while looping a phrase.

I can't get a good "quick" workflow going to sketch an idea and then start tweaking

Also.. No backgrounding? Lose all unsaved changes on minimize... Good luck answering your phone in the middle of a song then!

No line numbers in vertical when font size changed

Box stays selected when box mode off

No polyphony with multitouch..

Effects arent processed for that line on notepress

Paste w box mode is counterintuitive for me ..  Pastes at the cursor not at the top of the box but this is minor I guess

Losing the off ins del controls when you press play and having to reselect rec is a pain

I appreciate the small screen woes but really would like to be able to compose on the iPhone not just playback or poke it a bit and make pretty sounds and say oh isn't it luvurlyyy

Last edited by mk (Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am)

London, UK

I think Sunvox is powerful, but note entry on the iPhone is a total ballache.

The desktop version is absolutely lovely, with some interesting synth and effect possibilities, although I can't imagine I'd use it seriously over Renoise or Piggy.

I have the installation file on my computer but for some reason I never installed it. What a good time to check it out now with the new version and all.

BK

it's a dollar today for the iphone btw.

Geneva, NY

kris k sunvox open mic on saturday night? wink