Abandoned on Fire

I posted this on the LSDJ Facebook group a while back.  Interested to see what ya'll could add to the discussion.

Kickdrum patches for PULSE 2 only!  Let's keep it tight butthole in here, guys.

Mine:

Adjust volume column to taste.  Leave the last volume at 1 or 2 for a nice buzzy background filler.

bed

I don't know about adding to the discussion, but this is niiiiice. Thanks!

Abandoned on Fire

Word. Variations of that are the only kicks I've been using lately. I like how it sounds with other channels.  Some other options would be cool tho.

Boise, ID
egr wrote:

Let's keep it tight butthole in here, guys.

I really can't dig kicks in the pulse channels unless they are only used sparingly, or as toms. I guess they just aren't sub-bassy enough for my liking. hmm

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (May 19, 2014 12:18 am)

Gosford, Australia

what's wrong with pu1? :v

Joliette, QC, Canada

Is Pulse 2 Kicks a chip tribute to Boyz 2 Men ?

Alabama
Victory Road wrote:

PU1's pitch sweep/bend function on the instrument screen works differently than PU2's. Generally PU1 is best for microtuning while PU2 is suitable for incredibly intense sweeps.

I don't think I've ever used a Pulse kick that wasn't a sweep

Abandoned on Fire
Victory Road wrote:

Pu1 has a lot more sonic potential .  Pu2 is the most boring gameboy channel so I don't mind mostly taking it up with kicks.

Abandoned on Fire

No more PU2 kix fun?

Wish I had something to contribute to this thread, but I always use PU1+sweep command for my pulse kicks, and I'm never happy with any PU2 kicks I make. Will try this out and see how it sounds.

Last edited by L-tron (May 19, 2014 10:38 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

I don't know if I've used a sweep kick since like 2002. I'll dig through some songs when I get the chance.

New Albany Indiana

Is it possible to dedicate all for channels for a pretty intense kick?

Abandoned on Fire

Sure. I layer really low frequency noise channel with kicks or other percussive sounds a lot.

W25%
W50%
-
-
H00

For that little extra crisp.

pulse kick all the way