I swear I remember seeing a similar post a while back, but can't find it for the life of me (nor do I remember what conclusions were drawn).

I just installed an 1/8" prosound jack and noticed that after having the unit powered on for 5 or so minutes, the entire area surrounding the jack becomes quite warm.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Should I be concerned?  Is this normal?

Seattle, WA

It means your beats are too intense.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure that's not normal. I'm no electronics genius, but open it up and see if maybe you messed up the soldering somewhere.

Taichung, Taiwan

Re-do the modification.

Yeah,  not normal.... Make sure the jack isn't shorting out against something inside.

There were some posts a few weeks back about overheating DMG's but that was related to the backlight,  are you sure it's the jack getting hot?

Toronto Area, Canada

Lol i was gonna say those jams must be hot! But yeah more likely ur just a shitty electrician.

South UK

Any photos of your install? If it's in the "normal" place, and you used a socket with a plug switch, I imagine imagine your switch legs are touching the cap legs. That'd heat it up pretty good!

Last edited by Category (May 21, 2014 10:37 pm)

DEADBEATBLAST wrote:

But yeah more likely ur just a shitty electrician.

I certainly wouldn't claim to be a good one -___-

Category wrote:

Any photos of your install? If it's in the "normal" place, and you used a socket with a plug switch, I imagine imagine your switch ponds are touching the cap legs. That'd heat it up pretty good!

Ooooooohhhhh...  That might just be the problem.  I was actually having trouble getting everything to fit.  I bent them (the capacitors) back around as I've noticed lots of people have done in the past, but it's a strong possibility that they're butting heads with the jack.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to take pics right now, but when I can, I shall.

Michigan

Heat shrink wrap ur shit giuz! lol

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Heat shrink wrap ur shit giuz! lol

This. Fixes so many stupid little short circuit problems. Plus it looks more awesome. :-p