Los Angeles

i had tried to post on an old thread, but since im new it did not let me. but here it goes

hello guys, (and possible gals)
here is the picture i found:
http://www.instructables.com/file/F9F9HNZH0OIZ9DX

notibly, it does not look painted and is among other DMG's in the same pic.
the start/select, A and B, and "nintendo gameboy" are blue and not black. there is a red dmg in the same picture, so if the pink was to be a sun burn/ sun eaten washed out DMG, then that still does not explain the blue text on it.

my DMG collection is complete. not counting the greyboy's with the toyota logo, the korean samsung one, the dairy one, or the planet holiwood among others made. but this pink one in the pic really made me shake my head..
here is my collection on the bottom. thanks.

Indiana

an old legend...nothing more, nothing more... <.<

USA

Here is the recipe for a pink faux play it loud DMG -

Take 1 original grey DMG apart then thoroughly clean the outer shell with warm soapy water and rinse.(Be careful not to damage the lettering.)

Put on eye protection, latex/rubber gloves, and maybe some clothes that you don't care about accidentally destroying.(Rit dye and/or acetone and probably boiling water as well may cause skin irritation and blindness so please be carefull.)

Then in a disposable container mix 1 packet of pink Rit dye(I think the color you want is actually called Fuchsia but you can use whatever color you want in either powder or liquid form) with nearly boiling water and a dash of acetone then stir. (Add more dye and/or acetone for deeper color but I would not recomend adding more than 2 parts acetone to 3 parts water. Some people say to add 1 part acetone to 1 part water but I think that would eat away at the plastic a little too much. And acetone changes the boiling point of water so boil the water then wait a minute or so for it to cool before carefully adding the acetone.)

Submerge the the DMG shell in the dye solution for 10-15 minutes or until desired color is attained.(Do not overcook your DMG by submerging it too long 30-40 minutes max. And remember to mix the solution just before you submerge the DMG and every minute or so thereafter.)

Once you have removed your DMG shell from the solution rinse it thoroughly with cool water and air dry or gently wipe it down with paper towel.(You can discard the dye solution by carefully pouring it down your sink if you use a funnel to keep it from dying your sink then let hot water run for a few minutes. If you get the dye on anything unwanted wash immediately with hot water + soap and pray.)

Assemble your DMG with a Play it Loud dark grey screen and buttons then ENJOY!

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (May 26, 2014 7:10 am)

New Zealand

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11126 … ink-dmg01/

Los Angeles

yeah, i had originally found that post and i was going to comment, but it didnt let me bcuz im new.

Los Angeles
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Here is the recipe for a pink faux play it loud DMG

that is cool, never had thought about that. but that still doesnt explain the blue text, unless that would be a result of the dye as well.

will deff try it sometime just for personal use/ collection

The original gray gameboys have blue text

USA

Liquid Rit dye is less messy. Breathing in the powder Rit dye by accident can stain your teeth and turn your snot funny colors and it also can stick to your sweat so if you use it I recomend wearing a mask and being extremely careful.