Did a quick search for this on here but came up with nothing.  Anyway... crowd-funded Midi interface, just saw a link on CSDB:

"This project is about a MIDI interface in the form of a cartridge to fit the C64 expansion port. It is for connecting MIDI devices such as keyboard and synthesizers, as well as file transfers from a PC or Mac. Additionally the cartridge provides an internal flash memory chip with a menu system, for saving your own programs and games loaded from the internet to the C64. The interface provides MIDI-in, MIDI-out and MIDI-thru. The MIDI-thru connector can be configured to mirror MIDI-in or MIDI-out. At one side is a reset button, which also launches the menu function."

link

3:42
"Now lets burn to flesh." smile

Seriously, though--this looks proper interesting.

Last edited by SpookGoblin (May 26, 2014 9:42 pm)

UK, Leicester

if I've got enough cash by the deadline, I'll make sure to get one. I've had my C64 for more than 6 months, and I have yet to write any music on it.

San Francisco

I want.

Dallas, Texas

Successfully funded! Can't wait. This looks so cool

UK, Leicester

I just bought mine, and I saw your name in the supporters, nice to know that a couple of cm.o peeps are in on it

Last edited by Alpine (May 27, 2014 5:45 pm)

doesnt sid wizard support this iirc

Taichung, Taiwan

I want to give money to this!

Dallas, Texas
Alpine wrote:

I just bought mine, and I saw your name in the supporters, nice to know that a couple of cm.o peeps are in on it

Agreed. Even though on the surface we look obsessed with Gameboys, theres still quite a few of us that prefer the sound of the SID. I for one can't wait to see how they did with the MIDI capable Cynthcart. Hoping for some CC control smile I'd slave it along side a MidiNES and cream my jeans.

Baja California

It says that it can save programs to it, but can it save, let's say a tune composed on sid wizard, on its flash memory?

London, UK

I only found out about this cool device couple days ago. Though if you go on his website you can pre order one. I paid and have been told they are due to be assembled and speed within 3 weeks. I simply can not wait, it looks like an awesome bit of kit!

UK, Leicester

Yeah, I'm looking forward to mine arriving, shame it's not going to get to me until 2 months after when he originally said it would

Just restored my SX-64 for this cart, I hope it is worth it.

hey, just found this thread here, just wanted to tell you about the demo video i made of kerberos running cynthcart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhM41ESLj6I

it's a very versatile module smile

Baja California

Have you tried it with sid wizard?. If you did: Is it running nice and does it save projects on the cartridge?

it functions with sidwizard just like any other midi interface, mostly play and stop commands are supported and note entry, possibly also some continuous controllers, i did not dive into the manual yet.

there will be one large virtual diskimage inside the cartridge that supports disk operations like saving and loading, so you can work standalone without a diskdrive. of course this will not work for things like games and demos that need the drive processor for more critical operations, but basic save and load operations will always work on the cart.