I wrote an ambient, minimalist chiptune track.  Lately I've been spending more time writing soundscapes than anything else, so I was curious on hearing what y'all's thoughts were.

https://soundcloud.com/sickynar/ohmu-1

Hope you like it!

Last edited by Sickynar (May 30, 2014 6:00 am)

Chicago, IL

very nice:) I have no feedback really. Other than I really like it. I'd really love a ten track album of this kind of stuff to fall asleep to.

Chicago, IL

very nice:) I have no feedback really. Other than I really like it. I'd really love a ten track album of this kind of stuff to fall asleep to.

Awesome! I'm glad you like it. I'm hoping to make a summer project out of something like that.

Douglas, Wyoming

reminds me a lot of WMD, or Little-scales' stuff. Dig it

UK

I dig it. Could also work as an intro track for live shows, maybe? Sounds like it was just about to drop in to something heavy at the end.

Pretty good,  have you considered adding some sort of beat to it?

Is the background synth that plays throughout the track a C64?  I can get some similar sounds with Cynthcart on the C64.

California, United States

it could be more dynamic. I liked what I heard though, I agree with monotron, very WMD-like

.FILTHadelphia

Very rad. Would love to hear a whole album's worth of ambient chip.

SLC, UT

Yeah this is good stuff.

Boise, ID

We need more chipmusic like this.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!  I really appreciate it.

RJL wrote:

Pretty good,  have you considered adding some sort of beat to it?

Is the background synth that plays throughout the track a C64?  I can get some similar sounds with Cynthcart on the C64.

It is! I found a C64 emulator vst on the web.  And thanks for the feedback, I definitely want to try making the song go towards a new sound near the end, along the same lines of what Doxic and GDNGHTLMPLGHT said.  I want it to build into something new.

ShintarouMusic wrote:

We need more chipmusic like this.

Agreed