Douglas, Wyoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDnb_6LQ_MA Made a music video with a bunch o' clips or ultra violence and VHS stuff. How did I do

feelin it*

Last edited by defPREMIUM (May 30, 2014 11:36 am)

South Korea

Checked this out earlier. Dope beats man! Also, LOVE the vid smile

UK, Leicester

I like it dude, the video fits really well with the tone of the music

Dallas, Texas

It may just be me, but I dislike seeing presumably copyrighted, but none the less somebody elses content being used is such a way. Your track and editing are very enjoyable and I dig it alot. I may be alone on this, but I couldn't get into the vid for that reason. (Only exception to this is when fair use and parody applies)

IL, US
TylerBarnes wrote:

It may just be me, but I dislike seeing presumably copyrighted, but none the less somebody elses content being used is such a way. Your track and editing are very enjoyable and I dig it alot. I may be alone on this, but I couldn't get into the vid for that reason. (Only exception to this is when fair use and parody applies)

most of what i'm seeing is stuff thats on archive.org (either no copyright at all or CC) and/or government footage (which is fair use)

edit: one thing i'd say is that you should try and time your edit points either on the first note of each measure or on drum hits, it makes the video and audio work better together

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 30, 2014 7:10 pm)

UK

This looks/sounds great!

West Yorks, UK

Awesome. fuck the fair play / copyright issue. Its sampling. Are you really making loadsa money from this? no. Love it!
It completely fair play as far as im concerned; if America can bomb Nagasaki, you can sample such historical videos.

Do more plz

West Yorks, UK

........tho i realise that most of the snippets are of US test explosions / nuclear propaganda. Dont wanna offend no peeps!
Gives it even more of a vibe, tbh

Douglas, Wyoming
TylerBarnes wrote:

It's all free to use stuff, most of it being from an old nuclear test video released by the government called "let's face it"

Dallas, Texas
Monotron wrote:

It's all free to use stuff, most of it being from an old nuclear test video released by the government called "let's face it"

Like I said I had a feeling I was alone in this. Just bothers me when music vids aren't all original content. I think my fair use statement was moot and didn't represent my opinion fully. Things have been said in response to it that are inaccurate and also promotes a false understanding of what the law is about.

All being said didn't try to make it a big deal. I like your music, and you should be proud of it. Thanks for the upload!

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jun 3, 2014 6:17 am)

Gosford, Australia

maybe let that reverb ring out at the end haha

really great track and video!

Whateverville, California

This is exactly the sort of thing I like. Awesome song, awesome vibe.

P.S. Is the kid in the bike helmet you as a child?