Hey guys, I was just wondering whether it was possible to write tunes on LSDJ on pc (through a gameboy emulator) and then transfer that tune onto a DMG?
And also, can you put LSDJ on a tablet (in my case android, google nexus 7) through usb onto a gameboy emulator app?
thanks smile

Gosford, Australia
gr3yh4m3 wrote:

Hey guys, I was just wondering whether it was possible to write tunes on LSDJ on pc (through a gameboy emulator) and then transfer that tune onto a DMG?

yes this is very doable. p sure roboctopus does this!

And also, can you put LSDJ on a tablet (in my case android, google nexus 7) through usb onto a gameboy emulator app?

probably, but i dunno if any of the emulations for android are good

Thanks man! That's exciting - game boy screens are so small!

I might have to scope this out and get back to y'all about it.. I haven't really tried any of them out tbh. If anyone has, recommendations are more than welcome. Also though, would you happen to know whether any iphone/ipod apps are any good?

France (au milieu)

- game boy screens are so small!

well it's supposed to be the actual point of it no ? oO

I've tried to search on the android side earlier, found some Nanoloop apps, but no memories about LSDJ

there is caustic3 that looks like a killer music app...

Detroit
gr3yh4m3 wrote:

Thanks man! That's exciting - game boy screens are so small!

I might have to scope this out and get back to y'all about it.. I haven't really tried any of them out tbh. If anyone has, recommendations are more than welcome. Also though, would you happen to know whether any iphone/ipod apps are any good?

Tracking with LSDJ on a touchscreen-based application is a fucking nightmare

.FILTHadelphia

Just keep in mind when tranferring from an emulator to a DMG that some high BPM, advanced tables or lots of commands in your phrases could slow down a DMG to a point you couldn't effectively use live mode and/or crash a DMG.

South UK
The One Electronic wrote:

Tracking with LSDJ on a touchscreen-based application is a fucking nightmare

So much this.

Abandoned on Fire

For the tablet look up "My OldBoy!" on the market. Also get a usb or bluetooth gamepad.  Like has been said the touch controls will give you a nervous breakdown.

Michigan

I like using John GBC on android. It seems to have accurate wav reproduction. Plus, you can do save states. I find the touch controls a little cumbersome, but it has a feature to vibrate on button presses and an a+b button that makes deleting easier.

Edit: I'm using a galaxy note II

Last edited by lucasnoah (Jun 5, 2014 8:47 pm)

Thanks heaps guys, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. internet issues.. anyway:
Sesska, haha yeah i suppose it is, i just have poor eyesight and staring at that small screen gives me killer headaches! Give me a nice big computer screen anyday smile to track on anyway, I still love modding DMG's!
Yes regarding the touch screen issue on smart phones/iphones, that does sound tricky, but yeah the first thing I was gonna ask as well was whether there was an external controller option - so thanks egr, know any good bluetooth gamepads? I also found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPLcj3y7gA
Also thanks for the app options guys smile
defiantsystems - damn that's a thing? I would've thought the data would transfer seamlessly.. so if you want to use your dmg live you pretty much have to compose on it, not your computer, for complex songs?

Seattle, WA

I know animal style does this.