greetings & salutations, everyone!

i have a survey here for my upcoming finals and i want to say thank you to all the people who took the time to do it.

thank you very much!

Last edited by 8bitpulse (Jun 10, 2014 7:19 am)

UK, Leicester

got one or two problems with the survey, first of all the lack of ages bellow 18, there are a quite a few chipmusicians who are under 18 (myself included)
also having 8bitcollective.org seeing as it's no longer a thing, I put it down anyway because I used to spend a lot of time on there.

philly

this is too weird to participate in

PA,USA

I'm black but dont consider that the same as "African American" so I choose "prefer not to say" lol Felt pretty weird indeed.

UK, Leicester

oh yeah, this doesn't really seemed to be aimed at non americans, I cant remember the choices, but there didn't seem to be anything that suggested this was aimed at people other than those living in america, idk, that could have just been the way I interpreted it though

Alpine wrote:

got one or two problems with the survey, first of all the lack of ages bellow 18, there are a quite a few chipmusicians who are under 18 (myself included)

Oh man there are a few problems with this survey but considering it's just a finals project, I'm sure it's pretty harmless. No harm no foul!

To the OP: Watch out for question #9 though! I think you accidentally told SurveyMonkey to let participants choose multiple answers here where that wouldn't make sense. If you need someone to crunch survey data and run some statistics for you, let me know. wink

Don't be a data hata! wink

Last edited by an0va (Jun 9, 2014 7:50 pm)

Michigan

I visit 8bc every day for listening. :trollface:

Puerto Rico

Your question about video games is rendered obsolete by your question about hours spent gaming.

South Korea

I'm racist and I find this survey offended!

South Korea

Also, I love how more than 5 retro consoles is too many and you're not allowed to be younger than 18. This doesn't seem very well though out.

ohio gozaimasu

do you know what chiptune is

ohio gozaimasu

what the fuck is 8-bit guerrilla

Yea, might want to put some younger ages in there. I'm only 14 and I am a chip artist tongue

USA

How can you have too many retro gaming consoles?

And for the how many hours a week do you game question I answered 4-6 hours because thats about how much I've been gaming recently(not including time spent on LSDJ) but I sometimes game 10+ hours a week if I'm really into a certain game, can't sleep, or if I feel like my brain is melting from practicing guitar and/or some other artform or working for too long.

I don't consider LSDJ(as well as a bunch of other programs that I use on gaming consoles/computers) to be a game, I think of it as a musical instrument.

I feel like if you spent a little more effort on your questions that you would get a lot more useful data out of the survey.

If you put together another survey maybe you should ask the chipmusic community to help you come up with a few of the questions.

And I apologize for sounding so negative. I just feel like if you ask the wrong questions you will do nothing but get a bunch of unusable answers/information and make the people who are taking the survey feel like they are wasting their time for no reason.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jun 10, 2014 7:23 am)

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your feedback, support & opinions about my survey.

I apologize to the younger chip artists for not having the proper answers available to you and I'm sorry to everyone that is dissatisfied with the survey's questions, i never meant to offend anyone.

Since this is an Academic project, i had to ask the most obvious & generic questions, i've sent this survey to many different websites and social sites, so thats why those questions are needed. some people don't know a thing about chiptunes and i'm one of them but i'm learning from this forum every time i visit.

In the future, i will carefully structure my questions so that these issues won't rise again.

thank you again all for your time, the survey have reached its goal and it will be closed.

UK, Leicester
SurfaceDragon wrote:

How can you have too many retro gaming consoles?

No, I thought that question was alright, I often joke about having "too many" consoles, because I do, I don#'t have enough room for all of them, as well as my music gear, hence why my room looks perma messy