NY, US

I/O NYC

featuring:

Seed A.I.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seed A.I. are Brett Lefferts, Andrew Kraemer, Jonathan Sorge, and Dan Gottesman. They are an experimental electronic band from Bethel, Connecticut that play electronic rock music using Game Boy, NES, Reason, and keyboard synths. They describe themselves as the "ghost in the machine"; sounds of an "electronic music computer that has locked up, but continues making music." Watch their video and download their latest album, "Songs for Samus" at

http://www.seedaimusic.com

tenfold
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Herbig is tenfold, a New York-based chip musician with a sound described by calmdownkidder as "Wonky pop with heavy noise channel mix, utilising heaving basslines with a combination of LSDJ/C64/Vox/Guitar!" Get his EP "Banaue’s Second Wave Of Terrace Builders" for free on calmdownkidder Records:

http://calmdownkidder.com/records/releases/cdk039/

Facundo
The saying goes, 'When all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail'. Facundo Castro's hammer is an original Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01, which he uses it out bang out dirty, hard-hitting beats. Hailing from Kenilworth, New Jersey, Facundo is the musician and verb that gets you hammered. Listen and download tracks for free at:

http://www.myspace.com/facundoloop

visuals
TBA

Monday May 3, 2010

21+
FREE
doors at 7:30pm

Niagara Bar
112 Avenue A
(Corner of Ave A and 7th Street)
New York NY 10009

F train to 2nd Ave/J Train to Delancey St/6 Train to Astor Place

Presented by the Antagonist Art Movement
and
Alphabet City Soup

For show vids and pics go to antagovision.com

Show details and videos from the previous I/O at:
ioshownyc.blogspot.com

Last edited by EMdash (Apr 28, 2010 3:13 pm)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Sweet. Wish I could be there!

Brooklyn, NY

I'll be durr

Bronx, NY

I'ma gonna hug all ub u

Brooklyn, NY

hugs, gimme i wan can haz

NY, US

With anti-folk singer/songwriterMystie Chamberlin at 700pm!

This Monday night! We start at 730pm SHARP

also:

visualist added

HN_i_C

Rice Lake, WI

Tonight's forecast - Mostly Facundo'd with a 70% chance of Facundo after 7:30pm.  smile  Wish I could be there, I want a hug too smile

Bronx, NY

Unfortunately tenfold won't be able to make it this time around. Fucking cancelled flights!

I'll be filling in for the gentleman. I won't have a super hot girl with words taped to her clothing as I sing over some awesome noise, but I promise I will provide a whole 'nother kind of noise that will be fun to be a part of and you might find it awesome in its own right.

NYC

DID BITSHIFTER JUST DO OPEN MIC ? OH THATS RIGHT HE DID !!!!!!!!!!!! WTF JUST HAPPENED TO MY SOUL?

NY, US

Thanks everyone who came out on a humid Monday night; thanks especially to all the musicians: Facundo, DaPantz, and Seed AI. tenfold unfortunately couldn't make it do to travel difficulties but will hopefully be able to play for us in the near future.

Oh shit yo, special thanks to Brett, Mike and Anthony who's all-around bad-assery saved the show from all the technical difficulties!

And let's not forget Dissassembler and Zen Albatross for topping off the night!

Who's this Bit Shifter?

Last edited by EMdash (May 4, 2010 2:53 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

Oh you guys.

Brooklyn NY US

PS: awesome show. It'd been way too long since I'd seen Seed A.I..

NY, US

Seed AI are amazing; I've been listening to their set all weekend on repeat. Plus unlike me Brett knows what the hell he's doing with the PA system and mixer: sound crisis averted.

@Bit Shifter Thanks for joining the "open mic", haven't heard you perform in too long (since Blip). Video soon.