This is all new to me. I know posting video game footage is taboo and all, but I thought covers were totally acceptable. I received my first copyright notice when I posted this Star Wars cover. (Which now conveniently has an in-stream ad now and then.)

Here are the details:
"Star Wars", musical composition administered by: 0:16
PEDL
KODA_CS
Warner Chappell
TONO_CS

However, I just posted a Beethoven cover.

Here are the details:
"3. Rondo (Allegro)", musical composition administered by: 0:30
One or more music publishing rights collecting societies

What the hell? Now I have a copyright claim to an artist who died 180 years ago and I can't even see who's claiming the publishing rights? SHENANIGANS!

Who knows more about how this stuff works? Any reason why I shouldn't dispute this?

Brunswick, GA USA

There should be response instructions, regarding the Beethoven piece, you can explain that the composition is in the public domain and they will lift the strike. Regarding the other, it's only an issue if you want to monetize.

Sweeeeeeden
Arc-Demon wrote:

However, I just posted a Beethoven cover.

Here are the details:
"3. Rondo (Allegro)", musical composition administered by: 0:30

What the hell? Now I have a copyright claim to an artist who died 180 years ago and I can't even see who's claiming the publishing rights? SHENANIGANS!

Who knows more about how this stuff works? Any reason why I shouldn't dispute this?

Yep, I think that one is bogus indeed. If I've understood things correctly, the music collecting societies are supposed to collect revenue based on individual performances, not any perfomance of a work, at least for works that are out of copyright. I once got a notice from a music collection society for the following vieo, which is just me tweaking parameters on my modular synth. On the upside, I disputed the claim, and it was removed within a minute, suggesting it was automated from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYdN6pDcyA

Thank you both. I disputed it, and the copyright claim was lifted immediately.

Now I leave you with this awkward topic that serves no more purpose unless someone else has this issue? hmm Anyone? neutral

Brunswick, GA USA

You're quite welcome. I replied because it happened to me, too.

Twice.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've had it a couple times, once was an easy fix and the other time took me months of them literally not reading my claims at all.

So recently I posted this cover by Saint-Saens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQpGqn2JP5E

and received this copyright claim:

"Stretch No.1", musical composition administered by: 0:16
CD Baby

I already disputed this, but does anyone know what "Stretch No.1" is? I searched Google, but all I found were guitar straps.

Sweeeeeeden

A track off of this CD:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ventipetrov

Apparently the same piece played on piano, in the same key and about the same tempo. Here are the two tracks mixed together for comparison:

http://www.gg8.se/temp/cygnus-comparison.mp3

Dang robots...

Michigan

You totally stole that song. tongue

That is a nice scope, seems to have some intelligence built in. What model?

Sweeeeeeden

HP 54600a. It's a fully digital one. On a similar model, you can play Tetris, but not on this particular one. Otherwise an ok scope. But I don't own it, I'm afraid. I used it at a school lab.

Michigan
nitro2k01 wrote:

HP 54600a. It's a fully digital one. On a similar model, you can play Tetris, but not on this particular one. Otherwise an ok scope. But I don't own it, I'm afraid. I used it at a school lab.

Ah, damn I miss school. We had quad-trace, digital scopes in one of the labs.
Tetris though? lol

Hell on Earth!

Google's bots are having a field day with my channel. Now with one of my Star Fox covers they have this to say:

"アクアス", musical composition administered by: 0:15

Anyone know who the the devil "AKUASU" is? I'm also not aware of any Nintendo-related music disputes so this seems fishy and the copyright claim probably holds no water.

I don't like these because when there's a copyright claim, these corporate douchemongers like to play an in-stream ad in front of my video.

Sweeeeeeden

アクアス = Aquas, so that's just the song title. So basically it detected that the notes and tempo are similar enough to some other version of the song.