Florida

So yeah, does anyone have the sav file from the 2009 Blip Fest cart? It's got 7 songs from a bunch of great chip artists and I kinda want to dig around in those. I don't exactly want to spend $100 for them tho...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSDJ-Cartridge- … 2a3eed3e05

Michigan

I don't know, but I do know the seller can't count! Haha....
"7 songs by 8 people"

Jazzmarazz wrote:

"7 songs by 8 people"

No, 0 doesn't count. tongue
Or what if many people made the first song and the other person did the other 6 by themself?

IL, US

i might still have that sav, cant be sure since i gave my cart to Fumu/Esopus and i dont want to look at every .sav on my hard drives (i used to be the only guy in chicago with a transferer for a bit, so id backup for other people too.. between that and remix stuff and my sav's, probably have 40 or so scattered around)
considering you had to donate something like $150-200 to get one, $100 isn't horrible if you want it for collector reasons... wouldnt be surprised if there werent more than maybe 10-25 of them total

Florida
e.s.c. wrote:

considering you had to donate something like $150-200 to get one, $100 isn't horrible if you want it for collector reasons... wouldnt be surprised if there werent more than maybe 10-25 of them total

Yeah this guy dropped his price considerably since he first put it up. It was originally $250. It is a tempting offer i guess.

Unsubscribe

That ems cart is probably months away from shitting it's brains anyways.

Sweeeeeeden
Jazzmarazz wrote:

"7 songs by 8 people"

Ever heard of collabs? I once participated in a single song made by 4 people.

Edit: But I see the seller's mistake. The file list starts counting from 0 and ends on 7. Haha!

Alabama

Fumu still has the cart and wants it backed up. He lacks a proper flasher though. Any chance someone could loan him one? He and I discussed this a few months back.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but I seriously would not backup that cart and distribute the sav unless you got permission.

It brings up a whole concern of piracy, I think.

Last edited by an0va (Jun 26, 2014 7:11 pm)

matt's mind

^ this, agreed on that point

West Yorks, UK

hey so if you ever have a scratched cd you bought, dont ever ask for it to be sent to you via a thread like this, else its immoral.

distributing it to those whove not paid is different but in the case of Fumu, with his horribly erase-battery-prone EMS cart, whats tha problem?

West Yorks, UK

plus whats stopping form someone backing up their cart, then selling it on ebay? cant see any hate for the guy actually selling the cart on Ebay here, surely that's worse?!

matt's mind
Domu wrote:

distributing it to those whove not paid is different but in the case of Fumu, with his horribly erase-battery-prone EMS cart, whats tha problem?

not seeing a problem with that, why would someone care about someone backing up their own property?  its the first part of your sentence to which i was agreeing with the post above me

Sweeeeeeden

Since this was given away as a perk for a Kickstarter campaign, I think the expectation is that the save is at least semi-public. I would think of it more as a piece of history than as someone's private files. Though considering the small number of artists featured on the cartridge, you could also just ask them. Of course, since we don't know who won the auction (right?) it's that person's decision too, in the end and this discussion is hypothetical. They may not want to risk devaluing their cartridge. Then again, won't be long until the battery dies.

IL, US
nitro2k01 wrote:

Since this was given away as a perk for a Kickstarter campaign, I think the expectation is that the save is at least semi-public. I would think of it more as a piece of history than as someone's private files. Though considering the small number of artists featured on the cartridge, you could also just ask them. Of course, since we don't know who won the auction (right?) it's that person's decision too, in the end and this discussion is hypothetical. They may not want to risk devaluing their cartridge. Then again, won't be long until the battery dies.

agreed, i think now, 5 years out, its hit a point where most if not all orig carts are about to have battery death, and those artists knew it was to be redistributed a bit already.. ill try and direct some of them to this topic to get thei opinions as to how many fucks (if any) they give about the sav being shared.. im sure some of the tracks are already available as sav file somewhere

IL, US

so far, responses are anti-sharing it.. hopefully they post in here too, but 3 of 7 werent into it being public (and no response from other 4 yet)

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm)