Im a fledgling Cinematographer and I want to kickstart a show about all the new artists of many music genres. From Chiptune to Metal to Hip-Hop to even Speed/Splittercore. Im looking for artists willing to participate (NOT just desktop Producers, gotta at least play a gameboy synthesizer).

Have to:
Live in America (Near Southern Illinois hopefully)
Have at least one custom song
Be able to play live

I want to go to some events too, any info would be awesome.

P.S. I plan to add a free EP of six songs at the end of each episode, and use the genre described for ALL music in an episode.

IL, US

just a thought, you should aim higher than doing an open call.. research, find out whose stuff you like and go from there... most of the "stars" of this scene are just as accessible as the newest artists and would make for much better subjects
shitbird is damn good, and lives in st louis, for example.. (though letting geography limit you when megabus goes so many places for cheap isnt really the best idea either)

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 30, 2014 1:32 pm)

No I was just hoping to knock like 2-3 episodes out without traveling two to three states at a time, I go to st. louis a lot actually.

I plan to film 30 minute episodes like this
Chiptune -> Metal via Nintendocore
Metal -> Dubstep Via Deathstep
Dubstep -> House via Hard Electro
etc.., until I cover Indie Hip-hop and Country and Orchestras/Choir

All the artists I know quit or are on a hiatus, besides I want new up-and-comers to showcase how it is evolving. Lots of Fusion Genres too.

If this works out, I'm aiming at covering Counter-Cultures too. From Graffiti to LARP-ing to Bronies and Hackers, This is all just a way to chronicle what I love though :D.

If Theres time left Id like to do something about bullying and stuff for autism. Sorry Im typing so much, Im tired and have to work in 4 hours XD

Last edited by A.I. (Jun 30, 2014 2:21 pm)

IL, US

id still set the bar higher than having one song written.. there are now thousands of artists spread all over the US, and some guy/gal who just wrote their first song isnt exactly a representation of how things are evolving, in fact many start out by trying to emulate what theyver heard their favorite artists do

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm)

Alabama

I don't see this as being more effective than a blog post with an embedded Youtube video at the bottom showing one of the artist's/band's best performances.

Also, it seems like that while you may be a bit familiar with some of the sounds and scenes, there would be a ton of music for you to consider when trying to choose the best of the nearest-hanging fruit. Not to mention you'd be competing a bit with other music blogs.

This idea isn't bad, but it would require incredible amounts of background knowledge and research to make informed decisions.

I don't want people with one song?
Big difference between ATLEAST and ONLY.
I have plenty of experiance, I just wanted a bunch of new artists to go HEY LOOK AT ME! And then I would pick the one with the most talent and open up a whole new set of doors for them.

wow this thread

Its not about new music, but the music industry. Its a view of the next Eyedea and Abilities, or Alesana, groups who will gain probable cult staths and relative commercial success.
Like IAMERROR/Monomate or Amy can flyy with Nintendocore.

You just really need to hit up some shows/events sometime!

I'll see if I can do any research on stuff in Southern Illinois and will post back here later, but like if you're trying to start a show about this stuff, shouldn't you be the one doing that research...? An open call might not be exactly representative of what actually may or may not be going on in your area, but instead just just people trying to get quick exposure from their bedrooms.

The best curated showcases, documentaries, and journalism about this stuff work well because they're run by people super invested in it and digged hard into the depths to find the best of the best. They aren't just promoters and organizers with connections but they're driven and creative people and many of them make their own music and art in the style, too. That is to say, they totes know their shit yo

Last edited by an0va (Jun 30, 2014 4:51 pm)

IL, US

yeah, well you could go with at least a full ep/album that was released by anyone besides the artist themselves...like i said, set the bar a little higher

Im more into other genres than chiptune tbh.
I make it and post songs, but I prefer metal.

Dont get me wrong, I love all music, I just dont listen to it. I'd "Research" but the only internet I have is phone ish that wont load youtube.
See we changed CC#'s a while ago and didnt notify them, I now have to pay a couple hundred for getting it back.

Tell me the top chiptune artist or compilation album, i'll drop $20 to listen to them.

IL, US

public libraries have internet, and probably so do your friends and family

*We didn't notify the internet providers
Im more research-y but Im not even starting the kickstarter for another month or so

Im not the person to ask friends for favors. I throw small parties of couch co-ops and I rent movies. then chill. I research by buying CD's and Vinyl, at the very least I'll get some remix worthy ish right?

Aight gtg get ready for work. Peace for like 8 hours...

Dont stop arguing because of me though! big_smile

Also I spent a few years as both a Black and White Hat. Not using public internet.

matt's mind

we never stop arguing