IL, US

im pretty sure public internet for browsing bandcamp (but not buying, tracks can be streamed) won't put you at risk for anything, regardless of your history
edit: bandcamp even has a phone app, if that sounds too scary for you

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 30, 2014 5:46 pm)

Madison, Alabama

There's going to be a 2-day chip festival in Evansville, Indiana in early August. I guess that's sort of close to Southern IL.

There's a thread for it:  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/14428 … ly-aug-89/

Maybe you could check out some of the artists from that if it's close enough to you geographically.

roboctopus wrote:

There's going to be a 2-day chip festival in Evansville, Indiana in early August. I guess that's sort of close to Southern IL.

Maybe you could check out some of the artists from that if it's close enough to you geographically.

Oh wow, that's rad! Had no idea that was happening.

A.I. - definitely hit that up!

Seattle, WA
kitsch wrote:

we never stop arguing

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

UK, Leicester
kitsch wrote:

we never stop arguing

it's like the chip scene's thing tbh

lol'd at this though

A.I. wrote:

Also I spent a few years as both a Black and White Hat. Not using public internet.

I'm not sure if it's because you think your past will catch up to you, or if you're just a little paranoid

Last edited by Alpine (Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm)

Evansville, IN
roboctopus wrote:

Beat me to it, haha xD
www.littlesoundassembly.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/870367739659096/

i  am thinking of starting an lsdj  .can i be in the movie? i can write down a beat when i by lsdj  but its $$$ could u buy me a copy so i can write down  a beat and be in the movie?? please list my artist name (like on the subtitles when i come on the screen) as Dj chiPTune (capital PT because my grandfather was named "Pete)"

New Zealand

^^lools

South Korea
defPREMIUM wrote:

i  am thinking of starting an lsdj  .can i be in the movie? i can write down a beat when i by lsdj  but its $$$ could u buy me a copy so i can write down  a beat and be in the movie?? please list my artist name (like on the subtitles when i come on the screen) as Dj chiPTune (capital PT because my grandfather was named "Pete)"

Awww dude, if you have a intrenet i can just email u a "legit" copy, so long as don't sell it, okay? But you'll need internet and h4x0rz is scary.

UK, Leicester
Alpine wrote:

lol'd at this though

A.I. wrote:

Also I spent a few years as both a Black and White Hat. Not using public internet.

I'm not sure if it's because you think your past will catch up to you, or if you're just a little paranoid

the more I think about this the stupider it becomes, it's kinda like going "hey guys, im a wanted murderer, that's why I don't use the subway lol" like who does that?

Its more like I know what goes on and we target public wifi/internet. I havent "Hacked" in years.
Maybe you should stick to bleeps and leave sarcasm behind, okay? big_smile

You guys act like im some noob, I have experiance with many genres and did some small touring... I know what I want, and I'm not going to change that because some kid thinks he can do it better... I'll go bother the metal-heads and indie hip-hop guys, they are at least creatively supportive.

Night beautifuls.

South Korea

Dude, nobody even knows who you are, you don't really introduce YOURSELF here, and you're like "okay, I need this and this from you guys, but I'm not actually going to do any research or travel too far, so you guys better do the legwork FOR ME". Many people know how to hack, and all of us have a pretty good idea of the "dangers" of the internet, we just don't use it as an excuse to be lazy. That is where the sarcasm comes from, and if you can't see that, and choose to respond with "stick to bleeps", then fuck you.

Awwh it sounds like you have been angered!
I wanted someone to go "Hey I make music!" but you guys assumed that by saying I preferred someone nearby, I wouldnt travel.
Yes most people can hack, most people don't use pineapples though, or try to make a fully anonymous internet alternative.
Lastly, yes I know Im new here, I diiiid just make an account yesterday.

buffalo, NY

We act like you're a noob because you're conducting yourself like one. 

You know how the metal scene is, well here's an example for you.  How about I tell you about how awesome my favorite metal band is, 3 Doors Down.  Ever heard of them?  They fuggin rock.  \m/ 

That's what you sound like.

There's nary a person in this scene who refers to what we do as Nintendocore.  It's a stupid word, it's a misnomer, it's wrong, and we don't use it.  You made it abundantly clear that you're planning on just glossing over our scene... rather inaccurately.  Nobody who you would want is going to sign onto a project that could have any level of production value (bad to good), and will also probably misrepresent what they do for some sort of novelty value. 

Good luck with your project, but understand we're protective of what this scene is and what it's about, because it's constantly misrepresented in the media.

All I wanted was someone to go "My soundcloud/youtube is ______!"

Aight. Hold on guy(s?) im gonna calm down, I had a tough day at work, dude wouldn't do his part and I had to load an extra 30 pallets.

Im sorry DeerPresident. re-reading that I feel like an ass. I have to reload to see your newer Comment.

Well then can we discuss chiptune in-depth?
If my understanding is so off, can you at least recommend a decent website? I'd browse this site but dont know how (search box maybe?) I'll research some more and see about going to that festival. I listened to chiptune on pandora for a few hours but didnt find anything but (anamanaguchi?) abd sabrepulse that sounded really like what I wanted.

What do you call Deathcore and Chiptune mixed? Its always been known to me as Nintendocore.