Boise, ID

I would stay far away from calling anything "-core"

Core music is better than other music imo.
I like breakdowns.

so that's a no about me bein in the movi e? yikes(

Im looking for artists willing to participate (NOT just desktop Producers, gotta at least play a gameboy synthesizer).

you shoudl do an documentary on http://aanaaanaaanaaana.net

New Zealand

Lools

No Particular Place

I can do it. But I live in Missouri. I can Play live, but I would just play some stuff on itunes of my music, and I have tons of stuff I can play. I have more than 10 genres of music I do. So You Can do tons of it!

No Particular Place

I can do LSDJ. Just gotta convert my LSDJ emulation creations onto a cart my friend has and use it, And you can do him, too. he actually has some chiptunes dubstep he's making On Lsdj lol...Isn't that right ThunderFox? I can do it easy. I just do one by one. I also have invented my own style of "Sound Sheets" actually in the font that LSDJ uses, and it looks exactly the same, and it's pretty freakig sick. Labels by Phrases, Used in Chain Order... It takes a while to redo it all, but you got yourself Actual Written Midi Music You can actually use in any situation. It's sheet music for Chiptunes creaters. I'm a Videographer, also, so I can probably help in editing, and the whole shabang. I am apple certified for Final Cut Pro X. But I don't own a mac. So screw that. I can use vegas if you have it, or any video editing software. Multitalented. I Make all my art, I make all my ads, I make all my videos, besides one, and I also have more than 12 albums out.

Last edited by B4D-W0LF (Jul 1, 2014 12:46 pm)

No Particular Place
e.s.c. wrote:

just a thought, you should aim higher than doing an open call.. research, find out whose stuff you like and go from there... most of the "stars" of this scene are just as accessible as the newest artists and would make for much better subjects
shitbird is damn good, and lives in st louis, for example.. (though letting geography limit you when megabus goes so many places for cheap isnt really the best idea either)

Many Chiptunes artists are in Missouri and California... new York's alittle Iffy... But still. Chiptunes run Rampid round Kansas City, bro. You should base it off that for a couple episodes. And if you're doing Me, Do Thunderfox, as Well, because he's further along than I am. But I do more types of music than he can. I do noise, as well.

No Particular Place
defPREMIUM wrote:

i  am thinking of starting an lsdj  .can i be in the movie? i can write down a beat when i by lsdj  but its $$$ could u buy me a copy so i can write down  a beat and be in the movie?? please list my artist name (like on the subtitles when i come on the screen) as Dj chiPTune (capital PT because my grandfather was named "Pete)"

I could send you a copy you can cart and use in an emulator.

IL, US

the closest to the stuff you sound like youre looking for (metal influenced chip music) actually comes out on a label i help run (datathrash), though i'd personally advise them to stay away from you based on your behavior
ps: im not a kid, i'm a 34-year-old man with a degree in film/video who has almost definitely done more film and video production work than you and has been using chip stuff in my music since the early 2000's, so save the condescending tone because i COULD do it better if this was for some reason what i wanted to do. knowing your subject matter is key to doing decent work in the documentary field

A.I. wrote:

What do you call Deathcore and Chiptune mixed?

Rubbish

A.I. wrote:

... I'll go bother the metal-heads and indie hip-hop guys, they are at least creatively supportive

LOL, this has got to be a troll what

Taichung, Taiwan
A.I. wrote:

indie hip-hop guys, they are at least creatively supportive.

Like the least creatively supportive. They say they areā€¦ but they really aren't. They hungry for that bread.

#SWAG