Pittsburgh

I havent posted here in a little while, but I was browsing thingiverse- a website made for sharing models for 3D printing, laser cutting, etc, and happened upon this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:382485
Basically, you 3D print the case, install a raspberry pi, screen, battery, and SNES buttons, and you have an emulation handheld. Knew it wouldn't be long until it got discovered over here, so decided to post it. I'll be printing one ASAP, that's for sure.

King's Lynn, UK

That screen is perfect for something I've been working on! Thanks for sharing.

Abandoned on Fire

Handheld piggy midi yay!

San Diego

This would be even easier with kitchs' common ground dmg button pcb I'd imagine!

Melbourne, Australia
Vile wrote:

This would be even easier with kitchs' common ground dmg button pcb I'd imagine!

...the 3D model is designed for a hacked up SNES controller though, not sure it will line up exactly with the actual DMG layout without some modification to the 3D model?

I was thinking of reworking my uXe-004E PCB design to fit with this PiGRRL concept, maybe including an accelerometer onboard if there is interest?

Michigan
uXe wrote:
Vile wrote:

...the 3D model is designed for a hacked up SNES controller though, not sure it will line up exactly with the actual DMG layout without some modification to the 3D model?

I was thinking of reworking my uXe-004E PCB design to fit with this PiGRRL concept, maybe including an accelerometer onboard if there is interest?

Have you got a priority encoder on there? That would be much more compat than Kitsch's, since his is made to work with the GB CPU only.

Melbourne, Australia

That's a 4021 shift register onboard - it's basically a NES controller PCB in the shape of a DMG button PCB... Which means only 5 wires instead of 9!

Michigan

What made you choose a 4000 series IC?

Melbourne, Australia

NES compatibility! smile

Michigan
uXe wrote:

NES compatibility! smile

der. tongue
Why do I bother asking? lol

Madriz, Supain

someone build them and sell it!

Unsubscribe

kitschbent raspberry pi.

matt's mind

argh, i can't find the photos someone sent meeee!  i'll try.  its been done

among other things shoved into a kitschbent case which i'm looking forward to seeing more thoroughly developed

good thread.  but how do you plug in your guitar?  hmm

I was working on exactly this.  Having a ton of emulators and music apps available in a handheld form factor is definitely appealing.  The Pi is just not terribly joyful to use.  I had more fun with it than any piece of hardware I had bought all year, but actually using it was usually a pain. I've since returned all my Pi parts.

Medina, Ohio
kitsch wrote:

but how do you plug in your guitar?  hmm

All joking aside of the horrendous thread I think you are referencing, it would be interesting to have a VST host running in background with some effects processing a guitar signal. A Raspberry PI may not be powerful enough though, although I think it would be cool wink

Montreal, Canada
dsv101 wrote:
kitsch wrote:

but how do you plug in your guitar?  hmm

All joking aside of the horrendous thread I think you are referencing, it would be interesting to have a VST host running in background with some effects processing a guitar signal. A Raspberry PI may not be powerful enough though, although I think it would be cool wink

Maybe not a VST, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLcW70tcBX8