Ohio, USA
herr_prof wrote:

The editor lets you tweak that value directly without having to compile code.

I cannot get the editor (I assume you mean the Max patch?) to recognise my teensy USBBoy. How do I get it working?

Melbourne, Australia
WACOMalt wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

The editor lets you tweak that value directly without having to compile code.

I cannot get the editor (I assume you mean the Max patch?) to recognise my teensy USBBoy. How do I get it working?

From http://noizeinabox.blogspot.com.au/2013 … lease.html:

"The only difference is that there is no Max/MSP patch to configure it because it can be reconfigured with Arduino IDE directly with the USB".

Ohio, USA

T_T So.. I should have built an arduinoboy as anything based on teensy in incapable of not skipping notes?

EDIT: Ok I think what that means is that I can edit that code and upload the new sketch to my USBBoy?  Now I need to learn how to do that...

Last edited by WACOMalt (Mar 31, 2014 4:07 am)

Unsubscribe

Wait so you can't just select the usbboy midi I/o in the maxpat on this device ? Well that sucks.

Ohio, USA

I see it in the list, but it doesn't actually connect or send/receive.

Melbourne, Australia

...again, quoting noizeinabox:

"Note : all sysex stuff has been removed because it need much more time to port it, and not sure if it is a lot used by chipmusicians. (sysex stuff seems to add config via maxmsp patch)"

Unsubscribe

Boo.

Ohio, USA
herr_prof wrote:

Boo.

Agreed.

So what are my options?  Editing the code that's running on the teensy? I was messing around with Max a ton last night, I couldnt get anything like what their patch did.  I'm about ready to just give up on Teensy based adapters, cut my losses, build an arduinoboy, and buy a midi interface.

Last edited by WACOMalt (Mar 31, 2014 7:41 pm)

Unsubscribe

Yea you should just edit the code value, that's all the editor is doing for you. Maybe email the dev and tell him his default delay values are bad too wink

Ohio, USA

Ok, I'll learn how to modify the code on my teensy. Do you think something like 200 would be good enough?

Ohio, USA
uXe wrote:

Maybe the issue is in the TeensyBoy code?

void sendByteToGameboy(byte send_byte)
{  
  delayMicroseconds(100); // NIB : 
----snipped-------

That was exactly it! Thanks so much for the pointer. I had a go and changed the value a ton until I arrived at 500, which seems to be a sweet spot. I did a little test song in FL Studio, and I didnt drop a single note using all 4 channels! Thanks!

My test song: https://soundcloud.com/wacomalt/another … tune-thing

I tried everything from 50 to 1000 and 500 definitely seemed to be the best. No lag or choked input, no missing notes. Very happy now smile

Last edited by WACOMalt (Apr 1, 2014 4:09 am)

Melbourne, Australia

That's great! Happy I could help, and am digging your work-in-progress! smile

Cleveland, OH
WACOMalt wrote:
uXe wrote:

Maybe the issue is in the TeensyBoy code?

void sendByteToGameboy(byte send_byte)
{  
  delayMicroseconds(100); // NIB : 
----snipped-------

That was exactly it! Thanks so much for the pointer. I had a go and changed the value a ton until I arrived at 500, which seems to be a sweet spot. I did a little test song in FL Studio, and I didnt drop a single note using all 4 channels! Thanks!

My test song: https://soundcloud.com/wacomalt/another … tune-thing

I tried everything from 50 to 1000 and 500 definitely seemed to be the best. No lag or choked input, no missing notes. Very happy now smile

Could you message me about this please?

Alabama

Justin, fill me in on this when things are said and done. School has me tied up but I want in on this later.

Hi,

Seems that the delay to send data on GB (MGB mode) cause few probs, Thanks to uXe and WACOMalt for testing with higher values.
I've modified the teensy code (only the delay) and set it to 500. you can download it : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … =drive_web  (cannot upload anymore on googlecode, thanks google)

To clarify, All MAX patch routines (use sysex message) are NOT implemented in the teensyboy (no time to rewrite them for teensy libs), the project is open source and can be downloaded, so feel free to implement the Max Patch routine or even some midi control param to control few things on teensy config.

To modify few things on the code (this delay for ex.) there no difficult learning, jut need to install Arduino IDE, Teensy extension, and copy few files that are in my teensy zip file. Then edit the .ino file (or the main one) that match with the mode you want and in arduino IDE click upload.

For thoses who are complaining,i'm sorry but i'm not a chipmusician, when i was nearly finished with the code i searched (via this forum) people who would help me for the testing, only maniacfreakquency did some tests to help me. So, ther is certainly other bugs or problems on this.
If you see any prob or enhancement don't hesitate to write me a mail or a PM on chipmusic.

Noizeinabox aka xray303