Minneapolis
8bitweapon wrote:

Thanx!

The arcade chip info was only in the wendy carlos interview in keyboard magazine. I sent an email to wendy and somebody from her team said chip sounds off an arcade machine were not made by wendy and they were not used in the actual score but only the fx tracks for the film. The person also stated, "The sounds possible from video game chips would have been anathema to the quality of the music and no consideration was ever given to such use"

Not surprising, given the time period. Most pro musicians I have met (other than electronic musicians) still find electronic generated sounds anathema. (people in the classical and jazz world mostly, fyi)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

@8bitweapon :: great work, all around! congrats!

@artfink :: thanx! i learned a new word today: anathema - and thing or person of detest or loathing

Los Angeles

Has anyone heard the new soundtrack from legacy yet?

I talked to someone at CGE who said Wendy flat out refused to work on the new TRON film. She didnt want anything to do with this project at all.

I have heard a few sample tracks that are floating around the internets, and liked them.

Why was Wendy so adversed to working on the new Tron?

Los Angeles

She said it was a nightmare working on the 1st one due to the lack of solid tech to sync orchestral with synth at the time. She has said that she was never actually happy with the final product. Then they come to her for the 2nd and she was like no way! They asked if she would work with another "artist" and she still didnt want any part of it...

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Aug 31, 2010 10:38 pm)

Los Angeles

Our TRON EP is now available again on our new website: www.8bitweapon.com Enjoy!