Puerto Rico

I'm having a strange problem with my lsdj keyboard. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware/wiring problem because it only happens when I load a new song, and I can faithfully reproduce it.

The keyboard's inputs start "lagging", for lack of a better word. The first few button presses fail to register, but after, say, 3~8 presses, the previous inputs take effect at the same time that I press new ones.

Let's say I press "enter" and then start mashing on the note keys. One of the note keys will start the song, and then the notes played earlier will be heard when pressing new keys in such a way that every input is 3~8 key presses "behind". I can restart the gameboy and the keyboard will continue to work perfectly, if not immediately, then after switching modes away and back into keyboard sync, but never without a restart. I'm using the latest lsdj, which means it'd be a shame if I had to downgrade to get this to work because it would render my .savs incompatible.

I tried to explain it to the best of my ability, and was wondering if anybody has ever had a similar issue and could give me some suggestions. I kind of have a gig tomorrow, and getting this fixed would cut the resetting times out of my set, and save the audience having to hear the startup ping between songs.

Minneapolis, MN

Maybe this is a stupid question, and maybe you have already checked it, but what is your Key delay/repeat set to?

Puerto Rico

9/2, which always works best for me when not using the keyboard.

I have the exact same issue. The best way I can describe it is that sometimes keypresses don't register until another keypress is sent, which itself doesn't register until another keypress is sent, and so on.  I've got two PS/2 keyboards around. This used to happen with one of them and not the other. I just went to check which was which and now it's happening with both of them... The only suggestion I can give you at this point (maybe too late, I'm afraid) is to try a different keyboard. I'm going to keep investigating, though.

Hope your gig goes/went well.

Edit: Both keyboards do in fact work fine until I load a song and then go funny until a power cycle.

Last edited by rvan (Jul 17, 2014 7:41 am)

Puerto Rico
rvan wrote:

The best way I can describe it is that sometimes keypresses don't register until another keypress is sent, which itself doesn't register until another keypress is sent, and so on.

Hope your gig goes/went well.

Edit: Both keyboards do in fact work fine until I load a song and then go funny until a power cycle.

Yep, that's exactly what happens! I guess it's a minor issue to deal with, but restarting the gameboy means I have to fumble with the mixer volume or suffer the startup ping between songs, which can get awkward fast.

The gig went pretty well, though! Here's a video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202433314618990