Chips & Dip :3

Hello!

So I have a bit of a problem.

My prosound just doesn't work.

I've recently been using a Scarlett 2i2 to record and I'd get a weird static paired with a high pitch making recording impossible.

Also, the sound is unhearable and the best quality I get is when I have the line-in slightly unplugged which just won't do.

If I plug it in all the way, I'll get the static and only hear the L and R outputs given by commands in tables.

But everything is normal if I set it to one output (either L or R)

It's not an error with LSDJ, I've tried it on my GBC and it works just fine.

And it's not just with the 2i2. It doesn't work with earbuds, headphones, or any other output correctly.

Is there a simple fix to this or do I have to get it repaired?

Thanks!
-Sam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's not a matter of a stereo signal going through a mono path, is it? Everything sounds perfectly fine when you pan the channels left or right?

Last edited by jefftheworld (Aug 2, 2014 11:36 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Is this an ASM prosound board by any chance?

edit: specifically, a black one

Last edited by kineticturtle (Aug 3, 2014 12:03 am)

jefftheworld wrote:

It's not a matter of a stereo signal going through a mono path, is it? Everything sounds perfectly fine when you pan the channels left or right?

Yes.

It worked fine before and now it's doing the stuff that I listed above.

kineticturtle wrote:

Is this an ASM prosound board by any chance?

edit: specifically, a black one

Nope, it's a modded DMG

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sounds like there's now a short between the left and right signals. I'd open it up and take a look, perhaps take a multimeter to it to see for sure.

jefftheworld wrote:

Sounds like there's now a short between the left and right signals. I'd open it up and take a look, perhaps take a multimeter to it to see for sure.

I don't have a multimeter tongue