Hi all,

I've been trying out mGB 1.3.3 with a homemade Teensyboy on Game Boy Color. Have tried on three different carts; Drag'n'Derp, as an extra ROM on nanoloop one, and on an EPROM cart.

It works perfectly well on the Derp. On the other carts, program changes and CC work, notes *seem* to get through (the indicator flashes above the appropriate channel), but there's no sound.

Has anyone encountered similar problems? I'd like to use one of the non-derp carts if possible.

Same behaviour when using the nanoloop MIDI adapter as well. tongue

Alabama

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the EPROM and nanoloop one cart don't really allocate any SRAM storage for mGB to place its presets. Try holding B then pressing A when the screen with icons/waveforms shows up. On carts lacking SRAM that I have, mGB likes to panic and output some garbage icons because it wants to load saved presets, but can't.

That did the trick, thanks MaxDolensky! All carts working happily now.

Alabama

Not a problem. Wish Kitsch and I had discovered this earlier at Moogfest <_< had to disable one of the demo DMGs we had since neither of us thought to investigate MIDI panic (B + A) when one of the units freaked out.