Santa Cruz, California
Category wrote:
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I've also come up with another Pokedex build...

Okay, now you've piqued my interest!

You'll have to wait...

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Let's get started.
Funky GBA with a bad screen: CHECK

Dismantle, kern, take pretty picture of meticulously arranged components: CHECK

Whats that tablet called again? Looks pretty cool man!

Santa Cruz, California
Strayed wrote:

Whats that tablet called again? Looks pretty cool man!

It's a Motion Computing LE1700

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Jul 25, 2014 4:23 am)

Wow thanks man! How reliable is it btw? I'm looking for a new tablet since I reformatted my thinkpad X41 tablet and the HD died in the process. There is now way to get XP Tablet edition for it anymore.

Santa Cruz, California
Strayed wrote:

Wow thanks man! How reliable is it btw? I'm looking for a new tablet since I reformatted my thinkpad X41 tablet and the HD died in the process. There is now way to get XP Tablet edition for it anymore.

I haven't had a single problem with it. It's very responsive while I'm drawing. The digitizer is comfortable. I think all artists should have one.

Santa Cruz, California

So, the AGS-101 screen I ordered was defective... Lame.

I decided I'd work on the shell a little more, and give it some of the contour detail work.

BEHOLD!

And the rad folks over at Rose Colored Gaming love my build, so they dug through some stuff and hooked me up with a custom cast set of translucent green GBA buttons!

Santa Cruz, California

Sorry for the interruption... I kinda got a really real job type job.
No more busting ass on commission work to barely keep the dog fed.
Dream job, BTW. I now work at Level Up Video Games in Santa Cruz, and on top of my normal wages; all of the mod and repair work gets contracted out to me!

Life is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'll get back to work on the Pokedex very soon.

South Korea
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Sorry for the interruption... I kinda got a really real job type job.
No more busting ass on commission work to barely keep the dog fed.
Dream job, BTW. I now work at Level Up Video Games in Santa Cruz, and on top of my normal wages; all of the mod and repair work gets contracted out to me!

Life is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'll get back to work on the Pokedex very soon.

Congrats bro! Always great to be employed! Get up early, get coffee, GET PAID!!!

Still fucking amped to see this beast when it's complete.

Santa Cruz, California

Still waiting for the replacement for my new screen... They're apparently no longer being manufactured.
But for the time being, I can still move forward with the rest of the mod.

But my custom buttons from Rose Colored Gaming finally arrived!

Aren't they glorious?

California
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Still waiting for the replacement for my new screen... They're apparently no longer being manufactured.
But for the time being, I can still move forward with the rest of the mod.

But my custom buttons from Rose Colored Gaming finally arrived!

Aren't they glorious?

I've read all 28 pages of this. This is officially the shit. keep it up man, i'll be keeping an eye out

I seriously check this thread almost every day. Incredible work.

Santa Cruz, California

Totally unrelated to my Pokedex build, but I'm excited to add this to my collection.

More is coming on my build. Running out of time before the Alpha/Omega launch!

SLC, UT

Woah dude, green with jealous rage right now. Can I ask where you got it and how much you paid? I just bought Lagrange Point yesterday after watching the digging in the carts episode so I may be in the market for a famicom.

Santa Cruz, California
stargazer wrote:

Woah dude, green with jealous rage right now. Can I ask where you got it and how much you paid? I just bought Lagrange Point yesterday after watching the digging in the carts episode so I may be in the market for a famicom.

I got this from a buddy on Instagram. All told after shipping (fully refurbished, with three games, spare belts, and a power supply) it was $209.27, which is about $70 cheaper than anything you'll find on ebay.
I can give you his email if you'd like. He has them in red and black (black ones are cheaper).

SLC, UT

Thanks for thr offer! That may be a little out of my price range right now though. Weren't you selling just a regular Famicom a while back?

Santa Cruz, California
stargazer wrote:

Thanks for thr offer! That may be a little out of my price range right now though. Weren't you selling just a regular Famicom a while back?

Yeah, but that one's sold.
I have a famiclone that looks the part, has AV out, and works well... Interested?