Hi there. I'm in a great need of help.

I recently got an Gba SP with a Ez IV. It went well for 3 months using it, but now it's no-go.

What is happening is that when I start up the device, and just after the initial Nintendo logo, the screen just goes black and don't respond.

So, I've tried some things. And they are:

*Update firmware with no success
*Cleaned the EZ cart slot with a q-tip
*Cleaned the Gba slot with a q-tip
*Blown in the carts
*Multiple fast restarts
*Made sure the cart is put firmly inside the console
*Paper trick

The strange part is that,
with game cartridges other than the EZ is put in, the console boots it up and play just fine. That would mean the EZ is broken.. but works perfectly with a SP I borrowed.

The day before the black screen start, I did transfer a few games on it with the EZ client. And then after that, the games would randomly freeze.

Does anybody have clue? I appreciate every little help

Canada

EZ Flash works off a Micro SD card, correct?

If so, have you tried to re-format the SD Card?

Last edited by level42 (Aug 13, 2014 3:52 pm)

IL, US

miniSD, i believe, but yeah try a reformat

Thanks level42 and e.s.c for replies. Yup, I have tried reformat the SD card.

Well, stuff have happened. Got it working last night, but only for an hour or so, not completely sure what I did. I changed from Fat 16 to 32 and then back again, changed allocation unit size then put it to charge for a while. Then it worked. I played around a bit with it, transfered a game and after that it kept freezing on the EZ client loading screen. I did not get past that and after several tries I ended up with the old black screen..

I noticed some things
*a pin in the SD slot in the cart is bent.
*a pin in the SP's cart slot is bent.
*the SP can't hold a charge-orange light keeps going off. I have to twist and hold the charger, that works a short while. I tried change battery and the charger.

I made contact with my SP seller and he is willing to have a look at it and repair it for a cost, but I feel my best shot would be to order another EZ then just hope for the best. I think, since other carts works on the SP, I don't see how it's broken..
But still, the EZ cart plays fine with another SP so that would mean it's fine as well.

Just a quick thought--have you tried a different SD card?

Yup.. several different ones

edit:
In defense of my SP and a way to figure this out: The console does charge even though the orange light is off. It does play other game cartridges, and the only time the SP don't work is when I put my EZ cart inside of it. And since I got it working before, I don't think the motherboards fuse's are blown or anything. I think, this could be a bent pin problem, and maybe it's the bent pin in the SD slot of the EZ that's causing the black screen. Well i'm just guessing here.. maybe the sp's bent pin + charge glitch is what's causing the problem

Something is telling me to go ahead and order another ez  :unsure:

Last edited by Visby (Aug 15, 2014 1:57 pm)

Visby wrote:

I think, this could be a bent pin problem, and maybe it's the bent pin in the SD slot of the EZ that's causing the black screen.

How hard would it be to unbend the pin?  You might have to desolder the card shield (the big metal bit), but I don't know how challenging this is on this particular cart.

rvan wrote:
Visby wrote:

I think, this could be a bent pin problem, and maybe it's the bent pin in the SD slot of the EZ that's causing the black screen.

How hard would it be to unbend the pin?  You might have to desolder the card shield (the big metal bit), but I don't know how challenging this is on this particular cart.

Not that hard I guess, I'd have to remove the soldered metal plate with a soldering iron. I could borrow one to try, but I'm not sure that it would be worth the bother since I might get a deal with the ez reseller to send the cart back and get a new one for 10 $ or so I hope. But if I don't, then I'll go ahead taking it apart