Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:37 am)

Minneapolis, MN
Crashmast wrote:
TEOMAWKI wrote:

Just finished these today!

Are those mirror screen covers? That's awesome!

Yeah! They are the "Vanity Screen Covers" from ASM http://asmretro.com/vanity-screen-cover

UnanimousMaybe wrote:

What I'm currently using:

I've seen this a few times when I've come to check the thread, and it remains one of my favorites. It inspired me to go and try out some mismatched buttons just now. I haven't decided on anything yet though.

Nearly done with my second modded GBC.  I decided to paint it from the inside so it wouldn't feel funky and wanted to keep it translucent.  The paint job isn't perfect (you can see there isn't much paint near the battery terminals) but I still think it turned out great for my first time.  Added a front light with the loca method.  Overall I think it turned out pretty good, got a few bubbles and dark spots but they are all really small.

I'm looking to sell this one, since I've already messed up a couple other GBCs and SPs and it has set me back a bit... What do you guys think would be a realistic asking price?

Melbourne, Australia

Calavera wrote:

[photo]

That is nice.  It reminds me of what I'd originally planned to do to mine (green PIL with Kitsch's translucent orange buttons), but I think yours is much nicer.  I since changed my plan, so we'll see what I've come up with when the light's good for some photos.

Melbourne, Australia
rvan wrote:
Calavera wrote:

[photo]

That is nice.  It reminds me of what I'd originally planned to do to mine (green PIL with Kitsch's translucent orange buttons), but I think yours is much nicer.  I since changed my plan, so we'll see what I've come up with when the light's good for some photos.

Thanks! I'm super-happy with this. I also really love how the backlight changes between bright pink and a nice purple depending on the angle.
Will be interesting to see what you come up with too!

Calavera wrote:

Thanks! I'm super-happy with this. I also really love how the backlight changes between bright pink and a nice purple depending on the angle.

I meant to add: I like your attention to detail with the green battery LED too.

Calavera wrote:

Figure 1. Customized Game Boy. The front shell is the original green PIL model. The backlight is the 4 LED white model from Hand Held Legend. The screen is a light grey replacement from Kitsch-Bent.

Figure 2. Bottom right view of the customized Game Boy. The back shell is from a 1989 model.

Figure 3. Top left view of the customized Game Boy, pictured with a Bung Doctor 16M cartridge (inserted) and a Bung GB XChanger. Note the orange power switch.

Figure 4. Close-up of the customized Game Boy's buttons. The clear orange button is from Kitsch-Bent; the other button is from a 1989 ('grey brick') model.

Figure 5. Wiring for the customized Game Boy's backlight.

Does this count?

Timbob wrote:

Does this count?

Ha! I had a couple dozen original DMG buttons sets and a couple dozen aftermarket DMG button sets sitting around on my work table and my wife grabbed them and did this earring/necklace set combo with them and put them on etsy and they all sold within 2 weeks. She hasn't done more though.

Alberta, Canada

Just finished this today! Biverted,backlit, 1/8 pre pot, backlit buttons.

Melbourne, Australia
rvan wrote:
Calavera wrote:

I meant to add: I like your attention to detail with the green battery LED too.

Calavera wrote:

Figure 1. Customized Game Boy. The front shell is the original green PIL model. The backlight is the 4 LED white model from Hand Held Legend. The screen is a light grey replacement from Kitsch-Bent.

Figure 2. Bottom right view of the customized Game Boy. The back shell is from a 1989 model.

Figure 3. Top left view of the customized Game Boy, pictured with a Bung Doctor 16M cartridge (inserted) and a Bung GB XChanger. Note the orange power switch.

Figure 4. Close-up of the customized Game Boy's buttons. The clear orange button is from Kitsch-Bent; the other button is from a 1989 ('grey brick') model.

Figure 5. Wiring for the customized Game Boy's backlight.

Nice!

Finland
JOBO wrote:

Oh dude. Dude... Wow

Santa Cruz, California

EL backlight in my Pocket... It's really noisy.

the Netherlands

My first DMG, very proud ^^

Netherlands
JOBO wrote:

Damn...has this been done before? It looks awesome!

Edit: Sorry about the noob question, still looks awesome though.

Last edited by Starmint Distortion (Sep 15, 2014 9:53 pm)