Germany

Hi Folks,
I was wondering if im able to use LSDJ on my Gameboy player of the GC and connected all the old stuff. But it only showed the Gameboy startscreen and wouldnt continue. Any ideas why? If i use the GB Player with a standard Gameboy game it works. And if i use my EMS USB Cartridge on a normal Gameboy it works, too.

Im using a PAL GC with PAL Gameboy Player and a 64M Smart Card EMS USB Cartridge with LSDJ on Page 1.
Btw: of course i blew all the dust out of any connector!

Thanks in advance

Plymouth, UK

It should work, mine does.

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference...

Sweeeeeeden

Which startup logo does it show? The GBA or GBC one?
GBA=Bouncing letters and non-chippy sound.
GBC=Non-moving rainbow gameboy logo and chip po-ling.

Does it work with GBA games? Do you see the word Nintendo, or a black bar under "GAME BOY"?

Germany

@ 2XAA it shouldnt actually both PAL
@ nitro 2k01 it shows the GBC logo and spells the Nintendo(R), sometimes its corrupted but most of the time fully alive. GBA games work.
Edit: now that i tried it some moar, it appears the Nintendo(R) Logo is corrupted for small parts very often, but it never worked even if logo is alive.
Sometimes the GBC Logo fades away but nothing else happens; whitescreen.

Last edited by Menschendrahtzaun (May 3, 2010 11:54 am)

Litebritedeath Land

I think someone said that it is the EMS cart itself, it does not fit in the slot properly so a good connection with the gameboy player is not made.  i think if you swap out the cartridge case it should work.  also maybe try putting something thin like a dime in between the bottom of the cart and the player housing after you stick the cart in.  the leverage might help it connect better.  thretris needs to chime in because i know he had this problem and was able to fix it.

Sweeeeeeden

sxe_weekend: That used to happen on the SGB, with the result that the game wouldn't boot at all. This is different... The cartridge does get contact, but there are sporadic errors. I would guess there's an electrical problem somewhere in the Player, eg a blown capacitor in the 5V power regulator. (5V is used for old GB games, and 3.3V is used for GBA games.)

Germany

sounds to be reasonable answer to my problem sxe_weekend, but i cant seem to figure it ou correctly i tried it with numerous consteallations of guitarpicks now, but it wouldnt work sad Whats the size of dime? ^^

Litebritedeath Land
Menschendrahtzaun wrote:

sounds to be reasonable answer to my problem sxe_weekend, but i cant seem to figure it ou correctly i tried it with numerous consteallations of guitarpicks now, but it wouldnt work sad Whats the size of dime? ^^

guitar pick is about the same.  nitro2k01 is probably right though.  pm thretris and ask him what his problem with his was and see if it's similar to yours.  hope you get it figured out.

Germany

Super Mario Land works perfectly thus; GB games work, GBC games work, GBA games work, EMS cart not... sad(

Milan, Italy

Try to put a game rom on the EMS cart.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

necrobumping like a boss, since I really want to ask if somebody used nanoloop 2.x on this, and how are the results.

A friend got one for giveaway, will be interesting to know about the sound quality and stuff.

thanks!

Litebritedeath Land

Haha weird.  I posted on my younger brothers birthday 3 years ago.

Analog wrote:

necrobumping like a boss, since I really want to ask if somebody used nanoloop 2.x on this, and how are the results.

A friend got one for giveaway, will be interesting to know about the sound quality and stuff.

thanks!

Works great.
Sound quality is pretty bad.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

thanks! I've saved myself from the claws of a gamecube wink

_-_- wrote:
Analog wrote:

thanks!

Works great.
Sound quality is pretty bad.

sound quality and tone are actually both issues of the player