the Netherlands

What are your thoughts about adding a bass booster pedal to get some nice EDM vibe? I think I want to buy this pedal but I want to know: will it work?

EHX Mole Bass Booster

Specs:
- Up to 20 dB of LOW frequency added
- Center frequency of 400 Hz to 200 Hz at max. volume
- True bypass

Last edited by V0idSm0ke (Sep 9, 2014 12:13 pm)

philly

trolling?

the Netherlands

No this is a serious question..

Depends what you're adding it to - I think on the gameboy it might sound like butts to be honest, because the gameboy already has ridiculous amounts of bass

Also modern EDM in general doesn't tend to be all ridiculous low end on the whole track, but pumping mid range content against a snappy thick kick - extreme low end energy is used as an effect but not constantly throughout the songs wink

IL, US
Forum Rules wrote:

12. Thread titles should describe the topic of the thread. Please avoid titles like "Help!" or "Have you seen this...". Something like "How can I do a beefy bassdrum with Midines?" or "I just saw a chip music reference at the bus stop" is good. Staff reserves the right to edit unclear thread titles to something more descriptive.

maybe change the title to "EHX Mole Bass Booster" (also should be in audio production section or other hardware, not general discussion.. you'll 'll get more and/or better answers if you do this)

Unsubscribe

also keep in mind those pedals are tuned to guitar frequency ranges. You might be better off using a regular pitch shifter like a whammy pedal.

Indiana

at 200 - 400 hz youre not going to get a whole lot of extra sub thumping but you will get a lot of mud and phase.

The pedal seems intended for the E string of a guitar. Use an eq or a mixer with eq on the channel strips instead.

IL, US

or an octave pedal (like the boss oc-3)

Unsubscribe

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_familie … -synthesis

the Netherlands

Ok thanks guess I'll let the EQ in the mixer do the LOW boost.

France (au milieu)

I would rather keep the original signal and get it out a PHAT bass amp...

too much veryvery low bass might sound nice on very good audio material (headphones or speakers) but usually ends up as ugly sound garbage on most of other gear... playing with punchy middle might be a better option sometimes...

Seattle, WA

If you want rad edm sounds try a distortion pedal and use 2
Gameboys. See "Emerald City Outrage" by Electric Children

the Netherlands

Yeah used an hardwire metal distortion pedal and a delay pedal already and think it sounds pretty cool. I want to use those pedals live to actually perform something instead of pressing just start. Thought a bass booster would be perfect for breakdowns and massive bassdrops (if possible with LSDJ)

Last edited by V0idSm0ke (Sep 6, 2014 12:16 pm)

the Netherlands
Dire Hit wrote:

See "Emerald City Outrage" by Electric Children

That's awesome btw

the Netherlands

Apparently there is a new pedal on the market: the Harmonic Decoder by Sunsine Audio. It is a guitar pedal with a glitchy sound.

Check it out and let me hear what you think! --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTz51UQgEks