Utrecht, The Netherlands

Just stumbled upon this. Curious what artists and scenes they'll be exploring...

Diggin' In The Carts is a new series from Red Bull Music Academy about the untold story behind the most influential music to come out of Japan.

For many of us, the music of video games played more in our households growing up than any other form of music. Diggin’ In The Carts is about unearthing the men and women who inspired an entire generation while arguably creating Japan’s biggest musical export to the world. The series will include six episodes about some of the greatest composers of the 8-bit and 16-bit era of video game music.

Watch the first episode on http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com on September 04.

Over six episodes Diggin' In The Carts shines a spotlight on the composers who created a style of music that has had an immense impact on modern pop culture. From the personal studios of these legendary composers, to the concert halls of Japan where symphony orchestras are performing their compositions to sold-out crowds today - the series will document how the music of video games was created, what inspired it, and how it evolved into its own cultural phenomenon. Peppered with commentary from some of modern music’s finest DJ’s, musicians and electronic producers from around the world, the documentary also shows the influence these Japanese composers had on the world - and the world of music.

Last edited by EINDBAAS (Aug 28, 2014 6:30 pm)

Planet Zaxxon

Looks neat!!

California

this does look cool, would love to see some of the old school japanese game composers share insight. Didn't know red bull had a music academy tho yikes

Finland

Yeah this is amazing. smile !!!

bed

Cool... Pretty excited to see what it's going to be like.

Gosford, Australia
iamowlsense wrote:

Didn't know red bull had a music academy tho :O

yeah and UK parliament has a ministry of sound too! :P

Holland

This is awesome!

Unsubscribe

looks really cool!

Solar System

I dont like HIP HOP.... But that composers I do. Now I want to live in Japan smile.

bed

First episode out. I really enjoyed watching it.

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/maga … -the-carts

SLC, UT

Pretty cool, but it doesn't even look backlit or prosounded so meh.

In all seriousness, this series is awesome.

Matej wrote:

I dont like HIP HOP

dont understand

STARDRAIN, CA
love wrote:
Matej wrote:

I dont like HIP HOP

dont understand

hahhaha yeah wtf

Finland

Yeah I got goosebumps of that first episode which is my body telling me it's the right thing. heart

buffalo, NY

Showing this to a friend,

--"So all you gameboy musicians kinda owe Hip Tanaka a greasy handjob huh?"

--"Pretty much"

the Netherlands

^ This