this website, always

http://nospec.com

Melbourne, Australia
DJCactus wrote:
bitjacker wrote:

depends on if you still want to have claim to that song. fame from your creation might be more valuable...

I feel like this mentality often dupes a lot of people into conceding into not charging for their production expertise.  Which makes companies offer guys like me "an amazing opportunity to get exposure!" where its like "yo, you really contacted the studio to get me to work on something….  for free?  Im sorry I have to decline, talked to DTE energy and they said they wouldn't accept "exposure" as a form of payment"

If you feel like your work is worth something, charge for it.  People on here seem to got the right idea on prices ^^

Yeah, and sure, if I was unemployed or a teenager with heaps of spare time, perhaps I'd be up for making a freebie in return for exposure. But i'm an adult with very little time for my own creative stuff. If you want me to use that time on your things, it's going to cost.

Last edited by Calavera (Sep 4, 2014 12:29 am)

California
Calavera wrote:
DJCactus wrote:

I feel like this mentality often dupes a lot of people into conceding into not charging for their production expertise.  Which makes companies offer guys like me "an amazing opportunity to get exposure!" where its like "yo, you really contacted the studio to get me to work on something….  for free?  Im sorry I have to decline, talked to DTE energy and they said they wouldn't accept "exposure" as a form of payment"

If you feel like your work is worth something, charge for it.  People on here seem to got the right idea on prices ^^

Yeah, and sure, if I was unemployed or a teenager with heaps of spare time, perhaps I'd be up for making a freebie in return for exposure. But i'm an adult with very little time for my own creative stuff. If you want me to use that time on your things, it's going to cost.

One thing I usually do before charging is go FBI-raid google crazy on the client and see what their other projects have been and if my client is used to getting quality work from others for free or next to nothing. I never charge solo gamedevs as much as I charge studios or production teams because the solo developer is normally self-funded (he/she has less of a budget than a studio).