both the maudio products ive owned were total trash if that helps

Michigan

My suggestion, and what I'm using, is the Behringer Xenyx 302usb. Super affordable for a usb mixer with stereo inputs. Small footprint and you can power it through a wall adapter to power it as well. I think it has a super clean sound for the price. Here's an amazon link: Xenyx 302usb
Here's a link to a track I recorded with the mixer: You Won't Remember Me

Hope that helps in some way!

Michigan

Who am I, right? But I fully suggest to stay away from the USB audio Input. Build a desktop.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 18, 2014 2:10 am)

Gosford, Australia

^ haha what? there are heaps of great USB interfaces. maybe switch to firewire if you're picky about latency? :\

and then building a decent desktop is like an order of magnitude more expensive than just buying a decent USB interface. depends how serious you are maybe? all i know is that having a fairly portable recording setup is really great.

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 18, 2014 3:43 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, USB has come a long, long way in recent years. You can easily have a USB-based solution with sub-10ms latency, which isn't noticeable.

seattle
an0va wrote:

The Focusrite Scarlet series are one of the best deals to come out this year.

i have a general rule

if it's good enough for little-scale, it's good enough for me

please forgive my ignorance, but why do you need a sound card? For live use?

Last edited by gr3yh4m3 (Sep 19, 2014 2:42 pm)

Indiana
Victory Road wrote:

^ haha what? there are heaps of great USB interfaces. maybe switch to firewire if you're picky about latency? :\

i found that the USB 2.0 interface i had did pretty much just as well as my Firewire 400 interface in terms of latency. the main issue i ran into was keeping a dedicated USB buss open on my laptop, and still use heaps of midi stuff.

Detroit, Michigan

I use an Mbox 2 and dont have any issues with latency
Solid product

Montreal, Canada

Dunno I always had very good luck with so-called class compliant Firewire interfaces, no drivers nothing just literally plug and play.

All my work is tracked at 96k/24 no issues, extremely low latency. Echo AudioFire12, Apogee Rosetta 800 & now RME UCX. Tho I use Mac & Logic so I can't speak for windows peeps.

Last edited by lain2097 (Sep 19, 2014 6:50 pm)