Honolulu, Hawaii

I recently bought a 64m flash cart from kitsch bent, hoping to put lsdj on it. My flash cart seems to be working properly. All the drivers are installed and I've been able to transfer other roms to it, but for some reason when I try to flash lsdj to the cartridge it doesn't work.

It would be helpful if anyone had ideas of what the problem is since the main reason I bought this cartridge was to use lsdj on my DMG.

Sweeeeeeden

Can you be more specific with what doesn't work means? Are you getting an error when flashing? Does the flasher program hang when you're trying to transfer LSDj in particular? Does it seems to work, but the cartridge starting up and showing the old ROM? Does it show a garbled logo? Does it crash on start? How does it look when it's crashing? "Doesn't work" is the least productive description for any kind of error report.

Washington, PA

I just had kitsch flash LSDJ to my EMS cart before sending it to me. Saved me from any kind of flashing hassle.

Honolulu, Hawaii

lol You're right, my bad. When I click "write" in the software that's is supposed to transfer roms to the cartridge, it acts normally as if the .gb file is being transferred properly, except when finished nothing appears in the box that displays which content is flashed onto the cart. Certain roms work completely fine but it seems that when I try to transfer a rom that's 1m or larger it doesn't transfer properly even though the cartridge is supposed to be able to hold 64m. I don't get any sort of error when flashing and when I start up my DMG the nintendo logo appears but nothing else after that.

Sweeeeeeden

A perhaps stupid question, is this cartridge placed in a Gameboy while flashing? That would be a bad idea in that case, whether it's turned on or off.

Does it make any difference whether you try to put, LSDj in this case, on page 1 or 2?

Honolulu, Hawaii

It seems to be flashing properly now. Just out of curiosity, how does the cart being in the gameboy make a difference? I'm still rather new to this whole thing if you didn't already notice.

Last edited by BENSTARFISH (Sep 28, 2014 1:07 am)

Sweeeeeeden

The cartridge connector pads on the end of the cartridge that goes into the gameboy are used by the Gameboy to control the flash chip etc in the cartridge. When you're flashing the cartridge, there's another controller chip in the cartridge that is also trying to control the flash chip etc. When both are connected in the same time, they may interfer.

Washington, PA

Well shit, I've backed up SAVs with the EMS still in a GameBoy... I'll keep that in mind now.

Honolulu, Hawaii
nitro2k01 wrote:

The cartridge connector pads on the end of the cartridge that goes into the gameboy are used by the Gameboy to control the flash chip etc in the cartridge. When you're flashing the cartridge, there's another controller chip in the cartridge that is also trying to control the flash chip etc. When both are connected in the same time, they may interfer.

Ok that makes alot of sense.