The Rubber Man

OK dudes, there was a chiptune festival in Japan – Square Sounds Tokyo 2014 – here is the video of my ZX concert there, in 28.09.2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOx9InNtU3A
The recording contains entire concert – 30 minutes.

The songs have been composed on ZX81 and ZX Spectrum.
This time my hardware was:
-    Speccy2010 for the sequences – and toy-keyboards:
-    Yamaha PSS-680 for the main playing (it has also very cool drum-pads)
-    toy sampler CASIO SK-1 for screaming smile effects
-    miniature CASIO SA-5 (for sound effects)
-    and ‘microscopic’ toy analogue ribbon-synth KORG Monotron Duo (like above).

Additionally – the sound-fx ZOOM RFX-2000.

Here, the entire recording has been takes “from the hall” but still You can hear something. smile

Unfortunately, while the air-journey my the main mixer/effect Behringer (planned to be used for toy-synthesizers), has got a serious shot in a plane, and sadly in Tokyo I found it doesn’t work. The organizers were kind enough to lend me their own Behringer mixer (thx mates!) but there was only a machine without a sound-FX section accessible, so You might notice the ‘keyboard section’ sounds a bit raw (it was my big regret, regarding the flight).

After all, people in Japan liked the ZX music, and they were even approaching me after the gig, sayin’ that it was nice to hear songs from the hardware unknown in Japan.

Enjoy. wink
Yerz

Baja California

That's amazing! I thought that the Spectrum would sound very primitive, but you managed to sound amazing here big_smile

Joliette, QC, Canada
lvlzero wrote:

That's amazing! I thought that the Spectrum would sound very primitive, but you managed to sound amazing here big_smile

NEVER underestimate the power of AY/YM soundchips ! wink

Plantation, Florida

How could the hardware be unknown?! Do they not pay attention to their MSX musicians? AY/YM is everywhere!

Also, what song is it that you play at 20:15? It sounds very familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Last edited by Im_A_Track_Man (Oct 3, 2014 12:27 am)

makes for excellent sunday eve viewing/listening!

The Rubber Man

Thanks a lot guys. smile

And the 20:15 song is "Sailor Moon" song from anime, the cover I made especially for this concert.

Best regards,
Y

Madison, Alabama

This set was so, so good!

And it was great to meet you and hang out too!

The Rubber Man
roboctopus wrote:

And it was great to meet you and hang out too!

Yeeeeeees, a great meeting with everybody and maybe one day, somewhere, it might be possible to repeat it. wink
(And now I miss the Japanese beer - the real and the artificial one, haha wink ).

Thx for everything btw! wink

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Oct 6, 2014 6:23 pm)

Melbourne

It was awesome to meet you, and everyone else. Also good to know you got back home alright, after the drunken night/morning at Ninja, haha!

The Rubber Man

Heheheheh, yes indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. wink wink wink

The Rubber Man

OK - photos from the party.
They came a few days ago, from the developing lab.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ve0qri
Made with Diana F+ camera. smile

Sevilla, Spain

I heard the live set and it couldn't be more awesome. What still amazes me is how bassy the AY could sound on a live venue PA, it happened the same when rolemusic did his set two years ago.

Don't underestimate the power of the AY kids! Keep on doing lsdj and leave the AY for the daddies xDDDDD