Whateverville, California

Haha, yup. It wasn't meant as complaint exactly, more like a well deserved ribbing. I mean, how is this not ripe for parody? I wonder if Pharrel was secretly a huge anime otaku and this is like his coming out party? Do you think he cried at the end of Azumanga Daioh and thought "Is it really a crime for a young African-American pop star to be moe? Nobody will ever understand how kawaii I really am..." That would make my day in a way.

Unsubscribe

Yea im just teasing a little wink

At least he paid the best to work with him instead of going with the noname production company just ape the style will.i.am/linkin park routes.

Whateverville, California

Yeah man, aren't we all? tongue When the credits rolled I had a pleasantly surprised chuckle. It was like "Dude actually cares that there are other people working to make art. Rad." (Or his managment/production company does, at least.) I'm not even about all that too-sensitive SJW cultural appropriation biz or anything. I didn't want to give off that vibe. The world is such a cool place these days specifically because we have such free exchange of culture. For me it's more about keeping a satirical eye on musicians in the limelight (or corporations, or big media, or whoever) trying to jump on fads or trends that they don't understand to turn a quick, glib profit. It's not like I get my panties in a bunch over it or anything, but they're not getting out of it without a figurative spitwad to the back of the head.

NC in the US of America
Imaginary wrote:

Haha, yup. It wasn't meant as complaint exactly, more like a well deserved ribbing. I mean, how is this not ripe for parody? I wonder if Pharrel was secretly a huge anime otaku and this is like his coming out party? Do you think he cried at the end of Azumanga Daioh and thought "Is it really a crime for a young African-American pop star to be moe? Nobody will ever understand how kawaii I really am..." That would make my day in a way.

Dude... tears... my face... salt... ;-; beautiful... (,n_n,) (T,.T) (;*_*;)

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 2, 2014 9:31 pm)

Plantation, Florida

I'm just waiting for the anime about 4 seemingly normal highschool girls who spend their nights rocking the dark, seedy chiptune underbelly hidden among the brightly lit streets of Osaka.

Come on, J.C.Staff, I'm counting on you.

syobonaction wrote:

Kinda weird that he was chasing around a 10-ish year old?

That's weird?

Last edited by Im_A_Track_Man (Oct 2, 2014 11:46 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
syobonaction wrote:

inb4 she's not 10.

Riverside, CA
Im_A_Track_Man wrote:

Come on, J.C.Staff, I'm counting on you.

I'd rather have an anime about an all girl chiptune collective that is 90% eating cake and 10% making music. FUND IT KYOANI.

Plantation, Florida
The Silph Scope wrote:

I'd rather have an anime about an all girl chiptune collective that is 90% eating cake and 10% making music.

2 seasons and a final movie where they go to EINDBAAS, please. Knowing what they did with K-ON they'd probably secure whatever licencing to actually put "FAMILY COMPUTER" and "GAME BOY" on screen, too.
10/10 would buy BDs

Last edited by Im_A_Track_Man (Oct 3, 2014 2:12 am)

NC in the US of America

How about an anime an all girl cake baking club that's 90% modding gameboys and 10% burning down the kitchen.

Riverside, CA
SketchMan3 wrote:

How about an anime an all girl cake baking club that's 90% modding gameboys and 10% burning down the kitchen.

that's chipthrash af
one of the girls needs to be named kool skull-chan

Illinois
chunter wrote:
syobonaction wrote:

inb4 she's not 10.

Sry I meant 8.

UK, Leicester
syobonaction wrote:
chunter wrote:

inb4 she's not 10.

Sry I meant 8.

assume between 13-16 until proven otherwise
+3 years is her age is she was a human

this is what I go on to remove guilt

love a good pedophilia thread on cmo

Plantation, Florida
The Silph Scope wrote:

one of the girls needs to be named kool skull-chan

Can Kitsch be the club president with massive drill-hair?

UK, Leicester
sandneil wrote:

love a good pedophilia thread on cmo

facebook retoast

>post a cool video
>turns into a discussion on weather or not people who watch anime are pedophiles