the Netherlands

Hey guys, so I tried to record a song from my gb to audacity with a cable to my laptop input. Everything starts perfectly, but when the bass comes in it all becomes silent or very low volume. Is this my soundcard or my recording volume or something completely different? Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Last edited by V0idSm0ke (Oct 8, 2014 5:59 am)

the Netherlands

This is what it looks like. This whole pattern is the GAB sample with a high hat under it. As you can see, there are intervals where almost no sound is produced. However, this area sounds EXACTLY the same in lsdj as the big ones you see on the picture as well. What can I do, is my soundcard getting tired quickly?

Please help!

Unsubscribe

Perhaps your soundcard has some kind of limiter compression protection circuit. Might want to save up and get a affordable prosumer sound card.

Abandoned on Fire

^^^That's a good possibility.  Try recording at a much lower volume.

Manchester, UK

What is the name of the sound chipset on the laptop, you can check this in device manager?

the Netherlands

I have managed to fix the problem by going to my sound options. In there I have found a limiter that is standard activated. Never looked there.. But I have turned it off and man it works! Even my games that I play now have better sound! Thanks for the input.

Unsubscribe