11 OLD BASE    2.00
12 CORE    1.32
13 BOSS     1.41
14 TETRON    1.56
15 ENDING    0.59

BONUS TRACKS
16 CORE (ALTERNATE VERSION)    1.03
17 BOSS (ALTERNATE VERSION)    1.18

Get it HERE or HERE (mirror courtesy of Matt Makes Games), or HERE for the .xm files

Stream it HERE

Get the (excellent) game HERE

Made using Skale Tracker and SFXR. I attempted a very retro style to match the game's minimal, pixellated graphics. It's my first full-length soundtrack, and I'd like to hear what people think of it.

Last edited by Brother Android (May 31, 2010 4:11 pm)

It seems to me that the game has a Metroid inspired feel, and the music possesses the minimalism that made Metroid's score so great. There's some good tunes in this, some highlights of mine being tracks 1, 3, 7 and 14. Nice work, I'll have to check the game out.

Los Angeles

Downloading!

TX

Thanks. Yeah, Metroid has my favorite video game soundtrack of all time, so I did intend it to sound a bit like that.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I liked the music. Is there a place to get a higher quality download of the sound track? It seems to be digitally distorted in spots.

Minneapolis

Oh man, I have been waiting for this game in eager anticipation. Sounds fab!

Edinburgh

I've been looking forward to this release since I saw the game trailer. Great, very atmospheric.

TX

Thanks, guys!

@Crystal Labs - yes, the soundtrack isn't particularly high quality... to be honest I like digital noise (it's weird, I know... listen to some of my other music and you'll hear it all over the place) and so I didn't take any pains to remove it. However, I'm probably going to do an EXPANDED STEREO EDITION of this release at some point, and I will surely fix things like that. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the experience or anything.

San Luis Obispo, CA
Brother Android wrote:

... to be honest I like digital noise (it's weird, I know... listen to some of my other music and you'll hear it all over the place) and so I didn't take any pains to remove it. However, I'm probably going to do an EXPANDED STEREO EDITION of this release at some point, and I will surely fix things like that. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the experience or anything.

No way! I loved it. Look forward to hearing the expanded edition.

I am listening to this finally for the first time and I have to say I really like it!  Good work.

TX

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Man, I should get on top of making a stereo edition soon.

Minneapolis

So, I just played the game through on Normal mode, and it was a blast. The music was perfect. And then I realised that the game temps all the XM files into the directory while the game is running and so I copied them. Sounds great both ways!

TX

I also have the .xm files available on my site. I guess I should update the first post to reflect that.

Glad you enjoyed the music.

☺☺☺

dope dope dope smile

The .xm files are what I've been listening to the whole time ^_____^ but I haven't even played the game yet...still just loving the tunes.

Minneapolis

That's a shame Battle Lava! Go play that game, right now! It's one of the finest retro styled games I have played in a very long time. The story is remarkable, the presentation flawless. The music fits just right, and both the difficulty level and length are just about right in my mind. It plays a bit like a mix of Metroid and side scrolling shooters like Gradius. On harder difficulty it plays like an exploratory manic shmup. I suggest you enjoy this game responsibly, with a good quality 8 way joystick designed for shmupping, like a Seimitsu LS-32.