I just released my first steps into chiptune through the world of LSDJ.
Been making music on gameboy for almost half a year now i think, i made 14 tracks or so..
this is a selection of the most decent ones.

Released by BITGRID & available on bandcamp

https://bitgrid.bandcamp.com/album/code-6

still very new so all tips are welcome! smile

Hey that's some crazy stuff you're doing with the pulse waves and panning effects! Nice to hear you're taking advantage of LSDj's synth wave feature too. I like the rhythmic variety as well, keep up the good work.

This is really good! I dig it quite a lot. To be honest I thought it was going to be either horrible, or really really good but an established artist trolling... It also through me off when I saw the title and read that you've only been using LSDJ for half of a year. That being said, Can't wait to hear more from you! Great programming and composition!

Thank you guys for listening & thanks alot for the positive comments! I made 10-12 tracks so far, these were the 6 best ones imo. I've been making music for a longer time, so that helped me alot when starting with LSDJ.
Most basics I believe I know by now, now to start practicing on crazy table activity smile

Again thanks for listening and expect more crazy stuff in the near future!!!

You can follow me on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/hia

or get in touch with me on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/manu.brees

NC in the US of America

Cool BEATS, yo. Also good job with controlling the volume of your pulses to make the wavekits stand out.
As for tips... I personally enjoy it when a melody and bassline changes along with drum rhythms. And these days I have grown to love music that doesn't repeat the same thing too many times without variation. Also a big fan of melody taking an important role in a piece. Taking those things into consideration, LNA is the tune that stands out to me the most smile

But i mean this is all just my own personal preference speaking. I don't have anything objective to say. It's really fun stuff you've got going.
Edit: OH, I do have something... maybe experiment with mixing up your usage of the pulse channel you use to double up the bass and try throwing some melodies or harmonize with your other pulse channel sometimes. Sound design aesthetic doesn't have to stay constant throughout the entire song. Maybe second lap around the track surprise us smile

Edit: I really like the energy of the last track big_smile

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 15, 2014 9:08 pm)

Thanks Sketchman,

I total agree about the variations, no excuses but I was working on all tracks at the same time with a deadline. sad
Also, about the melody, this is what I love about LSDj, only 4 channels. Pre-chiptune I used 50+ channels in ableton, which made me forget about the melody sometimes. Still need to work on it though. (started adding more & more chords in my new lsdj track.)

Thanks for the tip about doubling pulse channel, will look into this, this can really fill up the track I guess. smile
There's some parts to lsdj that I still need to discover smile

Lol it's ok man, I can relate to your personal preference smile , so your advice will be more than appreciated!! Hope you enjoyed listening!