Los Angeles

We were inspired by the new Tron film coming this summer and decided to derez somesome tunes from the original film! The music is based off of Tron’s amazing original 1982 soundtrack by the great Wendy Carlos. We also included the two original Game Boy versions that we competed 1st before expanding the projects pallet to include other computer and video game console sounds.

Track listing:
1. Tron Scherzo (Sark's Revenge Mix)
2. Tron Theme and Ending (Flynn's Goodbye Mix)
3. Tron Scherzo (Solar Sailer mix)
4. Tron Theme and Ending (Yori's Game Boy Mix)
5. Tron Scherzo (Bit's Game Boy Mix)

Download the free ep here: http://8bitweapon.com

We also commissioned Thretris to make a custom Tron Boy for the project.

Here is a video by Meg of www.Girlhack.com

Thank you and enjoy~!

-Seth & Michelle smile :]

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 10, 2014 3:30 pm)

))<>((

Tron had awesome musicc. Awesome release guys. Going to give this a listen. ;D

Also, that GamyBoy is sexy. Thretris is a boss.

0R360N

Awseome!!!

Los Angeles

Dude, people cant say enough bout your TRON Boy! Thanks again!

Minneapolis

As I said in a comment on your music page here, this is fabulous. Now seriously, call the guys doing the new Tron movie and get signed to do the end credits. DO IT.

Wait, aren't you the one who was getting a song remixed by *whack* ...for the *WHACK*

/gets carried away by the dark NDA ninjas

0R360N
8bitweapon wrote:

Dude, people cant say enough bout your TRON Boy! Thanks again!

No prob Seth!!! It was a pleasure smile And just wait till you see ComputeHer's BurlesqueBoy

Los Angeles
arfink wrote:

As I said in a comment on your music page here, this is fabulous. Now seriously, call the guys doing the new Tron movie and get signed to do the end credits. DO IT.

Cross your fingers...It's fate is in this guys hands now...

Last edited by 8bitweapon (May 9, 2010 2:37 am)

0R360N
8bitweapon wrote:
arfink wrote:

Cross your fingers...It's fate is in this guys hands now...

Thats the pic I used for my color reference wink

Montreal

I watched the movie again yesterday with new ears. Lots of chip bits everywhere, and even samples from the arcade of pacman.

Los Angeles

See below wink

Last edited by 8bitweapon (May 10, 2010 3:36 pm)

Los Angeles

An engineer was hired by the fx guy to allow him to make his own sounds via some arcade board sound chip for the film!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (May 13, 2010 3:43 pm)

Montreal
8bitweapon wrote:

Wendy actually hired an engineer to allow her to make her own sounds via some arcade board sound chip for the film!

The only mention of that that i can find is on the Wendy Carlos Keyboard interview for Tron. Any other link of interrest?

Unsubscribe

wendy carlos > daft punk.

New York City

Wendy Carlos  8===============D
Daft Punk         8=D

Excellent release and video ! Bravo ! heart

Los Angeles

Thanx!

The arcade chip info was only in the wendy carlos interview in keyboard magazine. I sent an email to wendy and somebody from her team said chip sounds off an arcade machine were not made by wendy and they were not used in the actual score but only the fx tracks for the film. The person also stated, "The sounds possible from video game chips would have been anathema to the quality of the music and no consideration was ever given to such use"

Last edited by 8bitweapon (May 13, 2010 3:40 pm)