Scotland

The misogyny in gaming culture is an issue: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me … -gamergate

UK, Leicester

don't, just don't, don't judge gamergate supporters on nutcases and arseholes, when people like me actually just want to know what underhanded shit has gone down behind closed doors.

Riverside, CA
Edward Shallow wrote:

The misogyny in gaming culture is an issue

Illinois
Edward Shallow wrote:

The misogyny in gaming culture is an issue: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me … -gamergate

I'm with Edward. TBH I've never been a fan of Zoe Quinn. I think the "indie scene" is just as weird and exclusive as the "AAA" scene a lot of the time. That said though, I enjoy a lot of indie games more than I ever have "AAA" games. I am a fan of Anita Sarkeesian though. She really made me re-think a lot of stuff, and I think she is one of the more important voices in game culture right now. I think that gamergate has mostly lost whatever it started out to be, and the people who are truly worried about transparency in games journalism should still fight for that, but also take a look around at those claiming to be on their side and speak up about their rampant and often terrifying misogyny.

Outer Space
syobonaction wrote:

I think that gamergate has mostly lost whatever it started out to be, and the people who are truly worried about transparency in games journalism should still fight for that, but also take a look around at those claiming to be on their side and speak up about their rampant and often terrifying misogyny.

this

Outer Space

Also I'd like to say that I usually have no problem with chiptune's connection to video games and do not often care if people associate chipmusic as "video game music". But I do not think gamergate is relevant to the scene and I do not think this is the proper fourm to discuss it on.

OmO wrote:

I do not think gamergate is relevant to the scene and I do not think this is the proper fourm to discuss it on.

Agreed.

Sweeeeeeden

Gaming =/= chip music. And with that, I'l close the thread before it potentially goes south. Go make some music or something.